- Kirkton Service Centre, Lister Road, Kirkton Campus, Livingston, EH54 7BL
- £23,807 - £25,221 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and particularly from groups currently under-represented, including people with disabilities, those from minority ethnic communities or from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds
Are you keen to develop your career as a Roofer, then this is the opportunity for you.
West Lothian Council is one of Scotland’s most successful local authorities and has an enviable reputation for innovation in the design and delivery of services. Situated in the central belt, within easy commuting distance of Edinburgh, Stirling and Glasgow and supported by excellent road and rail links.
You will be joining a team which strives for excellence in service delivery and works collaboratively with partners.
Working within Housing Customer & Building Services you will work with Building Services to deliver the reactive maintenance and capital programs.
Building Services deliver both housing and non-housing repairs and refurbishment programs using multi -disciplinary teams of approx. 400 operatives and 50 staff.
To maintain our high level of service Building services requires a Roofer to work as part of a team in the delivery of the housing repairs program
The candidate should have;
- Ability to undertake all types of roof work to a high standard including slate/rosemary and concrete tile renewal. Applicants shall be required to work with the following material specifications, concrete tiles, rosemary, and slates.
- The ability to source and repair roof leaks in various property and roof types
- The ability to carry out flat roof felt repairs and renewals
- The ability to follow a works instruction
- Ensure a high standard of customer care
- Ensure timeous completion of Building Services documentation
- Operate and take care of tools and equipment
- Ensure all relevant health and safety documentation such as risk assessments and the safe system of work for the tasks being undertaken are upheld
- The ability to work outdoors and at height
The essential criteria of the post are;
- Time served Roofer
- Must hold current full UK driving licence.
- Building Maintenance or Construction Experience
- Customer Care Skills
- Proactive in identifying ways of improving service provision
- Must be able to demonstrate the successful completion of an apprenticeship
Our benefits package includes flexible working hours, up to 30 days paid holidays and 7 public holidays a year, pension scheme, comprehensive range of work life balance policies, occupational health services, learning resource and access to a range of discounted staff benefits”.