- Location: Whitehill Service Centre, 4 Inchmuir Road, Whitehill Industrial Estate, Bathgate
- Salary: £34,912.00 - £39,868.00 per year
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Fixed Term until 31 March 2021
The closing date for this post is provisionally set 1 September 2019. West Lothian Council reserve the right to close this post early depending on applicant response levels
(Information for Internal Staff - Secondment opportunities must be discussed with your current line manager prior to submitting an application for this post).
The Senior Organisational Development Advisor will primarily be responsible for leading a team in delivering the council’s People Strategy outcomes for Housing, Construction & Building Services and Operational Services which includes design, delivery, evaluation, procurement and management of learning. They will also support the development of corporate Organisational development, and be the lead officer for the council in supporting Modern Apprentices and the management of the Skills Development Scotland contractual requirements.
The skills and experience you must have:
- Experience in the effective management of employees
- Degree in Management or equivalent
- A relevant Training qualification or equivalent level of experience
- Proven track record of designing, delivering, implementing and evaluating organisational development programs and interventions aligned to the achievement of key business objectives that meet external standards and quality criteria for accreditation.
- Knowledge of the requirements of quality awards e.g. WLAM/EFQM, IIP, and SDS Quality Assurance Standards
- Computer literate with excellent communication skills
- Can demonstrable experience of training a diverse workforce within customer focussed services.
- Experience and / or knowledge of blended and innovative learning and development activities, e.g. online learning
- Experience of working effectively with managers at all levels in the council.
- A confident trainer able to deliver effective learning and development
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure from conflicting demands