Supply Cook/Assistant Cook, Various Locations (374.29)Favourite
|Closes:||Saturday, 31st March 2018|
|Published:||Thursday, 11th January 2018|
|Location:||Various Locations in West Lothian|
|Salary:||£15,242 - £17,175 per year|
|Hours:||1.00 hours per week|
|Organisation:||West Lothian Council|
|Category:||Social Services / Housing / Childcare|
We are currently looking to recruit to our casual staff bank. You should note that hours will not be guaranteed and successful applicants will be placed onto a casual bank and will be contacted to cover shifts as and when required.
Applications will be processed as they are submitted.
The key duties of this post are:
- Responsible for the day to day preparation of meals, snacks and any form of food preparation required to meet the needs of the patients and residents
- Undertake any cleaning activities necessary to ensure that standards of hygiene, Health and Safety are maintained to a high standard in the kitchen and other associated areas.
The skills and experience you must have are:
- Will require to be qualified, to City And Guilds 706/1-2 or equivalent
- The ability to work flexibly as part of a team
- Previous cooking experience
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.