- Location: Beatlie School Campus, The Mall, Craigshill, Livingston, EH54 5EJ
- Salary: £32,994.00 - £41,412.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
Teacher - ASN, Beatlie School, 35 Hours per Week, Closing date 19 July 2020
THIS POST IS FOR AN AUGUST START
Beatlie School provides co-educational and non-denominational education primarily for pupils with profound, severe and complex learning difficulties aged between 3 and 18 years of age. The usual catchment area is West Lothian, although a placing request may be made if a child lives outwith this area. The school has a nursery department with a roll of 36. The school presently has a roll of 33. There is a primary department where the age range is 5 - 11 years approximately, and a secondary department where the age range is approximately 12 - 18 years.
Beatlie School is part of a campus which comprises of the following agencies; Beatlie School, Beatlie School Early Years and Childcare, First Steps Playgroup, West Lothian NHS Trust Child Development Centre, The Pre-school Home Teaching Service (ASN) and Signpost Information Centre.
Beatlie is a Rights Respecting School
In Beatlie we aim to create a happy, nurturing environment which addresses the very specific physical, medical, sensory, social and educational needs of our pupils by:
- Providing a stimulating, relevant and accessible curriculum with high quality learning experiences within a caring and supportive environment (UNCRC – Article 31).
- Preparing our pupils for life by fostering independence, developing communication skills and providing support to move into positive, sustained destinations beyond school (UNCRC – Article 29).
- Working closely with parents in a supportive and collaborative way to ensure a positive relationship between home and school (UNCRC – Article 18).
- Working closely with a wide range of partners to ensure appropriate strategies and experiences are in place for every child (UNCRC – Article 3).
- Ensuring that staff receive on-going professional development opportunities through high quality training and supportive quality assurance (UNCRC - Article 3).
- Ensuring a culture of on-going self-evaluation, shared ownership, collegiate working and developing leadership at all levels (UNCRC - Article 3).
- Recognising, valuing and celebrating achievements at all levels (UNCRC - Article 29).
- Maintaining a climate where everyone is treated with respect and where every pupil is enabled to reach their full potential (UNCRC - Article 23).
In Beatlie we are:
Safe Healthy Achieving Nurtured Active Respected Responsible Included
A relevant teaching qualification and registration with the General Teaching Council for Scotland is essential.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Successful candidates will be required to join the Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check prior to commencing employment and the cost will be met by the candidate.
The fee for a Full PVG Scheme Membership is £59 or Existing Member is £18. The £59 cost (where appropriate) will be deducted from your salary over a 1 or 3 month period by repayment schedule. If your employment concludes before the amount is re-paid in full, the outstanding balance will be deducted from your final salary.