- Bathgate Social Work, 69 Whitburn Road, Bathgate, EH48 1HE
- £42,965 - £47,658 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
The closing date for this post is provisionally set at 7 October 2021. West Lothian Council reserve the right to close this post early depending on applicant response levels
The Social Work Older People Team works as part of the West Lothian Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP) The team is based in Bathgate Social Work Centre and is part of social policy services and works closely with NHS and commissioned services across West Lothian
The purpose of the post is :-
- To ensure that Older Peoples Team is responsive and needs led.
- To provide professional and management support, supervisory and leadership to a team of social work staff.
- To ensure that a high quality social work assessment and care management practice is delivered to appropriate service users.
- To ensure that the services provided by the Team are consistent with and meet the requirements of all council and national standards, policy and guidance.
Candidates should have experience of working with this client group. . Qualifications BA in Social Work or other approved recognised Social Work qualification.
This position requires registration with the SSSC. The successful candidate will have six months from commencement in this post to register with the SSSC.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Successful candidates will be required to join the Scheme (at a cost of £59) or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check (at a cost of £18) prior to commencing employment. The cost of the PVG application or update will be deducted from your salary over a period of either 1 or 3 months