- Whitehill Service Centre, 4 Inchmuir Road, Whitehill Industrial Estate, Bathgate, EH48 2EP
- £26,605.00 - £29,920.00 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
36 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor(s), you will be required to oversee the fleet maintenance teams and associated support teams operating within West Lothian Council Fleet Service.
The individual(s) will be responsible for the effective supervision of the frontline mechanic/repair teams working within the West Lothian Council Fleet Service by ensuring that resources are used efficiently and effectively; and that all works are programmed and planned to maximise the performance of the frontline service delivery.
The post holder will be responsible for carrying out repairs and maintenance on a mixed fleet of Local Authority Plant, Agricultural and Grounds Maintenance Equipment including Backhoe Loaders, Tractors, Forklifts, Trailers Under 1020kg and Power Tools (Chainsaws, Strimmer’s and Pedestrian Mowers) etc.
The skills and experience you must have:
- Time served Plant Mechanic (City & Guilds Scotvec Level 3 or equivalent)
- Category B Driving licence
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements.
- Proactive in identifying ways of improving service provision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and establishes effective working relationships with customers, contractors, employees and DVSA.