- 129-131 Abbotsford Place, G5 9SS
- £27,498 - £41,412 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Permanent & Temporary & Casual
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 17 hours per week
The application page will open in a new window.
We are a small independent denominational school with a tight knit family of staff, students and parents. It is our aim to ensure that each child reaches their full potential. The successful applicant will be someone who cares deeply about each student and makes it their goal to help every student progress to a higher level.
Please see our statement of aims at http://www.alkhalilcollege.com/statement-of-aims
The successful candidate will:
- Be innovative, highly motivated and eager to take a lead
- Have relevant experience in teaching.
- Have a friendly manner and be approachable
- Be proficient at classroom management and maintaining discipline
- Be good at lesson planning
- Be well versed in the curriculum
- Be skilled at sourcing and using a variety of quality resources
- Be focused on outcomes
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Be good at keeping records of students' progress and producing quality feedback for school management
- Be able to recognise areas of strength and weakness within each student and use this to help the student to progress
- Be able to utilise additional resources to vary their teaching
- Be able to work in partnership with the headteacher and senior staff to implement and monitor the progress of school/departmental developments.
-carry out other tasks as required from time to time
Please send contact details and a CV to email@example.com if you are interested.
Pre Employment Checks/Requirements for Teaching Position
If you are successful, our offer of employment will be conditional on satisfactory completion of pre-employment requirements, such as medical screening, two written references, one which must be from your most recent/current employer, verification of your original qualifications and your eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.
Membership of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme will be essential on taking up appointment along with GTCS Registration. Please note successful candidates for the above position will be required to pay for their PVG Membership/or Scheme Checks.This post is considered Regulated Work with Children, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007. Therefore, it is an offence to apply if you are barred from working with children.
In your application we ask for information under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. We ask you to disclose any unspent convictions. Disclosures should be made by writing to or emailing the Employment and Reward Manager, in confidence, giving details of the offence(s), penalty and date(s) of conviction.Applicants should note that failure to disclose a conviction which is subsequently advised through a Disclosure Scotland check may result in the withdrawal of any offer of appointment.
Please note the hours are approximate and may vary slightly