- Stenton Road, Glenrothes, KY6 2RA
- £25,681 - £27,663 per year (salary placement will be dependent upon qualifications and experience), plus a £3,000 per annum market premia allowance (subject to pending job evaluation)
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
As part of the Carpentry and Joinery team you will provide advice and support to candidates in the collection and presentation of a portfolio of evidence that meets the performance criteria and evidence requirements of their vocational qualification, and to carry out a fair, safe and reliable assessment of the candidate’s skills and knowledge.
You will be responsible for assessing Carpentry and Joinery SVQ 3, Carpentry and Joinery Route 1 Site (Construction Site Practical evidence for portfolios required) and Carpentry and Joinery Route 2 Bench Joinery (Machine shop practical evidence for portfolios required).
You should have appropriate qualifications in Carpentry and Joinery as laid down by the relevant awarding bodies and requirements of the industry e.g. SVQ Level 3 or above in carpentry and joinery with site experience in a construction environment or Advanced Craft Carpentry and Joinery.
You must have proven, relevant, and up to date industry practice and experience, ideally in a construction setting. Along with a clear understanding of vocational qualifications and quality frameworks (support will be given to enhance understanding).
It is essential that you have excellent communication skills along with the enthusiasm for the relevant professional discipline skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines and to manage your own workload. You should also have the ability to inspire, encourage and motivate others together with the desire to make a real difference to our students.
A recognised Assessor and or Verifier qualification would be desirable or you should be willing to work towards these.
The role also necessitates frequent and extensive travel therefore a valid driving license and access to a car is required.
What We Offer:
- Full time permanent contract
- 35 hour working week
- 46 days annual leave
- Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer contribution
- Flexible working environment
- Exceptional learning opportunities and growth support (free)
- Fully kitted out construction and engineering workshops
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Travel Discounts
- Savings Scheme
- On-site parking
- Access to onsite café, restaurant and library
- Employee Assistance and Counselling Programme
- Living Wage Employer
- Disability Confident Employer
- Working environment that embraces the Scottish Fair Work Convention principles
Our Human Resources Team are available to answer any questions you may have about this vacancy, please contact us on email@example.com
Apply now to join an amazing team, make a difference and build your career with Fife College. We can’t wait to hear from you!