- Location: Colleges Scotland, Argyll Court, Castle Business Park, FK9 4TY
- Salary: £31,135.00 per year
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
Employment Services Co-ordinator x 1
1.0 FTE/35 hours per week
Salary: Up to £31,135
Fixed term until 31/07/2022
Based in Stirling
This post is advertised on behalf of Colleges Scotland
There are over 235,000 students studying in Scotland’s colleges each year from all backgrounds with over 95% who achieve their qualifications moving onto positive destinations of further study, training, or employment.
Colleges Scotland is a membership organisation that acts as the collective voice for the college sector in Scotland. We represent three regional strategic bodies and all 26 colleges in Scotland. Our primary role is to support colleges and regional strategic bodies in achieving their aims and objectives, and to cultivate the strength of the college sector in Scotland.
As well as being the policy organisation, Colleges Scotland is also the Employers’ Association which is a forum through which National Bargaining is being implemented by the college sector. The Employers’ Association is jointly responsible for implementing National Bargaining in partnership with the trade unions.
The Employment Services team at Colleges Scotland has an exciting opportunity to recruit a Co-ordinator to provide senior administrative support. The postholder will be responsible for working closely with the team members to plan, execute and monitor the work of the Employers’ Association.
The postholder will provide a range of administrative support within Colleges Scotland’s Employment Services team and associated projects. This will require the postholder to work with confidential and sensitive information while effectively managing competing demands for their time.
The postholder will:
• Resolve challenging situations, such as conflicting priorities and dissatisfied members/stakeholders
• Regularly monitor and report on the operational workplan activity
• Ensure all planning, co-ordination and administrative processes are effectively implemented and records are maintained. It is envisaged that this would be done by utilising Microsoft Office applications and other appropriate tools.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure the team and wider department is delivering in line with the agreed operational workplan.
• Produce regular high-quality reports on workplan progress.
• Provide support, guidance and advice for key meeting and briefings, including the preparation of discussion/briefing papers.
• Ensure key meetings are scheduled and all agendas, papers and minutes are drafted and issued in a timely fashion
• Establish appropriate filing and administrative processes to ensure records and confidential data is managed/archived from a secure central location and files are password protected.
• Share information appropriately and within the bounds of confidentiality, reporting on key milestones and evaluation on workplan outcomes.
• Actively seek to anticipate the team’s needs based on research, analysis and intelligence.
• Ensure accuracy of information contained the National Joint Negotiating Committee (NJNC) website is maintained and up-to-date with joint communications from trade unions and Colleges Scotland
• Administer and arrange approval and payment of invoices
• Establish effective and lasting positive working relationships with members and trade union bodies.
• Develop appropriate reporting mechanisms, specified by the Letter of Grant from the Scottish Funding Council including progress reports on key milestones and evaluation on workplan outcomes.
Interviews will be held Wednesday 16th and Thursday 17th December 2020.
If you would like further information on this post please contact Jillian Cheape, Senior Employment Services Advisor, Tel: 07713 711 172 /email: email@example.com or Heather Stevenson, Director of Employment Services, Tel: 07801 892 060/ email: firstname.lastname@example.org.