- Glasgow Caledonian University, Cowcaddens Road, G4 0BA
- £44,737 - £51,805 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 28 hours per week
- Work From Home:
This position has expired.
Glasgow Caledonian University - the University for the Common Good - is a vibrant, values-led, multi-cultural University with a global outlook, dedicated to delivering social innovation. Our organisational strategy is aligned with the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals and our globally recognised researchers advise governments, industry and international bodies. We’re ranked fifth in the world and first in the UK for promoting gender equality, 69th globally for social impact, and the top modern university in Scotland for research power. In 2020-21, we contributed £1.7 billion and more than 14,000 jobs across the globe.
GCU is committed to widening participation, delivering positive outcomes for our students, and we’re Scotland’s leading provider of Graduate Apprenticeships. With campuses in Glasgow, London and New York, we have transnational partnerships around the world, supporting more than 22,000 students. Guided by our inspirational Chancellor, Dr Annie Lennox OBE, and guided by our values – integrity, responsibility, creativity and confidence - we transform the lives of the people and communities we serve.
Our Department of Paramedicine and Physiotherapy is a dynamic and values-based work environment that aspires to contribute towards the common good of the local, national and international communities. This is an exciting time of expansion for us as we seek to recruit person-centred individuals to join us in this endeavour. We are a committed and passionate family of paramedics and physiotherapists. Our teaching and learning approaches are evidence informed. We are united by our dedication to nurture health care professionals that live out values and behaviours which positively impact on our communities. Our current portfolio of programmes include: BSc Paramedic Science, BSc(Hons) Physiotherapy, MSc Physiotherapy (pre-registration) and DPT Physio(pre-pre-registration), MSc Advanced Physiotherapy Practice and MSc Advanced Practice. Our School has state-of-the-art simulation laboratory for providing our students with an authentic learning experince. Our academics, researchers and professors are experts in their focused research areas, e.g. Older persons, Neurorehabilitation, Physical Activity and Rehabilitation, Health Behaviour Dynamics, Learning and Teaching Practice. We aspire to become a workplace that develops and grows together. A place for individuals to thrive. An environment where values and behaviours of humility, compassion, kindness, creativity and integrity are encouraged.
You will possess the following attributes and skills:
- Relevant post-graduate qualification or the equivalent level reached through experience appropriate to discipline
- Qualified paramedic registered with or eligible to register with the HCPC (Paramedicine Board). Other healthcare disciplines considered with relevant registration and qualifications in emergency, urgent or community care.
- Relevant post qualifying clinical practice experience with clinical currency. Preferably in areas of acute and emergency medicine if not from a paramedic background
- You work flexibly and independently. Possess resilience and is responsive to rapid change.
- You have experience of working interprofessionally, Excellent interpersonal, team working skills and emotional competence.
- You possess excellent intercultural competence.
- You demonstrate leadership skills and achievements, and lead others with kindness and compassion.
- You have excellent IT/digital skills, the ability and willingness to acquire new digital skills as necessary.
- You actively engage in continuing professional development.
- You have experience of supervising or mentoring students.
If you would like to discuss and find out more about the role, we would be delighted to speak with you. Please kindly contact Samantha Paterson, Deputy Head of Paramedicine & Physiotherapy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the University for the Common Good, we are committed to embedding equality, diversity and inclusion, as well as our values in everything that we do. As such, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates who demonstrate the GCU Values.
Glasgow Caledonian University is committed to a fair and transparent recruitment process that is free from bias so that we can attract and retain a high performing workforce which makes a critical contribution to our success.
The University holds the prestigious Athena SWAN Silver institution award, which recognises our significant record of activity and achievement in promoting gender equality across different disciplines.
As a Disability Confident 'Committed' employer, we are striving to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible to disabled people. Although the Disability Confident 'Committed' level does not guarantee an interview for disabled applicants, we will make reasonable adjustments for disabled applicants during the recruitment process.
The University also holds the Carer Positive ‘Engaged’ employer award, which recognises our commitment to supporting staff with caring responsibilities.
Glasgow Caledonian University are committed signatories to the Armed Forces Covenant.
The University offers a range of benefits including opportunities for professional development, family friendly policies, cycle to work scheme and onsite childcare facilities.
Please note that the appointment will be made on the first point of the salary scale (unless by exception).
As this role involves Regulated work with Adults and/or Children the successful candidate will require PVG Scheme membership.