- 1200 Westerhouse Road, Glasgow, G34 9HZ
- £31,819 - £34,558 per year pa
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
- Work From Home:
This position has expired.
Glasgow Kelvin College is the key provider of accessible vocational and core-skills learning in the north and east of the city. We deliver high-quality introductory to degree-level programmes to around 15,000 students each year from four campus buildings and through a large network of community-based centres. Engaging with communities which experience high levels of deprivation, the College works with partners to create inclusive progression opportunities in a vibrant and sustainable environment for the learners, communities and stakeholders which we serve.
Working as part of the Human Resources Management (HRM) Team, within People and Culture Services, you will provide a professional and comprehensive HRM service to staff at all levels.
You will be involved in a wide range of HRM areas providing support, guidance and advice to managers on individual employee casework (recruitment, grievance, absence management, etc.) to ensure policies and procedures are consistently applied. In addition, it is a fantastic opportunity for an HR professional to work with the People and Culture Services team to influence the development and delivery of our HRM agenda and People Strategy.
You should possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have worked successfully within a range of HRM areas and be CIPD qualified to SCQF Level 8 or a member of CIPD.
We need you to demonstrate:
· A proven track record in working within a variety of HRM areas and a working knowledge of employment law and its application in the workplace.
· Experience in providing professional advice and guidance to managers in relation to HRM at an operational level.
· Experience in working with HRM systems.
· IT and Technological skills and an aptitude for using digital systems to support innovation and improve HR service delivery.
· The ability to demonstrate creative thinking to provide valuable solutions.
· Experience in resolving problems with successful outcomes.
· Experience in planning, organising, and delivering to deadlines.
· An aptitude for using digital systems as part of service delivery and automating processes, would be advantageous.
· Experience of working within an Education or Public Sector environment is desirable.
Why work at Glasgow Kelvin:
· Access to a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
· Hybrid working (dependent and the needs of the service).
· Annual Leave – 33 days per annum plus 12 public and bank holidays and a festive period closure for two weeks.
· A professional development review process – continuous professional and personal development.
· Professional and personal development for all staff – we offer an extensive range of staff development opportunities and events to support you in your role, help you reach your full potential and plan for your future.
· Cycle to Work Scheme.
· Mileage Allowance – reclaimable for travel on College Business.
· Employee Assistance Programme – a 24-hour service that supports your health and wellbeing.
· Flexible Working and Family Friendly Policy – Flexible Working, Maternity, Parental, Paternity and Adoption Leave – enhanced entitlements.
· Sick Pay – Enhanced entitlement above the national average.
· Wellbeing – a range of activities to enhance and support your wellbeing, access to sports facilities and fitness activities.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday 16 December 2022. It is anticipated that interviews will be held on Friday 06 January 2023.
We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that represents the wider society that we serve. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging.