- 123 Flemington Street, G21 4TD
- £34,170 - £42,357 per year per annum
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
The application page will open in a new window.
Glasgow Kelvin College provides opportunities to transform the lives of its learners and the communities that it serves – we pride ourselves on the learners we serve and the impact we make.
Glasgow Kelvin College is the key provider of accessible vocational and core-skills learning in the north and east of the city. We deliver high-quality introductory to degree-level programmes to around 15,000 students each year from four campus buildings and through a large network of community-based centres. Engaging with communities which experience high levels of deprivation, the College works with partners to create inclusive progression opportunities in a vibrant and sustainable environment for the learners, communities and stakeholders which we serve.
Lecturer – Childcare – 1 FTE (35 hours per week)
Salary £34,170 - £42,357 per annum pro rata (subject to qualifications and experience)
The successful candidate will be someone who can demonstrate a commitment to the ethos and vision of the College and help shape and develop a Learning Organisation which best serves the communities of the North East Glasgow and beyond.
The successful candidate will support excellence in learning through the preparation and delivery of high quality learning, teaching and assessment materials and by supporting learners. They will report directly to the Curriculum Manager and work closely and supportively with other colleagues and partners to deliver excellence in learning.
We need you to demonstrate:
· The ability to provide flexible and innovative approaches to the delivery of the curriculum, including the use of new learning technologies
· Effective ICT skills and an understanding of the role of online learning
· Previous experience of individual or group guidance/supervision in a formal or informal setting
· Relevant industrial or practitioner experience in appropriate discipline including experience of working in the early years sector with children under 5 years
· Teaching in a post compulsory education setting and of assessment and moderation in the context of SQA and the National Curriculum
· A relevant qualification required specifically for the curriculum area as identified by the College - Early Childhood Studies Degree
The successful candidate should be educated to SCQF Level 8 or hold a relevant professional equivalent in the specialist area (early learning), significant relevant experience in the specialist area as an alternative to formal qualifications; or an appropriate vocational alternative.
The successful candidate should possess a formal teaching qualification or be willing to work towards a Teaching Qualification in Further Education (TQFE) and should evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
The successful applicant will be subject to the updated terms and conditions of employment or Lecturing Staff which apply to this post.
If you wish to apply for this post please log onto http://recruitment.glasgowkelvin.ac.uk/vacancies
It is anticipated interviews will take place during the week commencing 13 December 2021.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 12 noon on Wednesday 8 December 2021.
We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that represents the wider society that we serve. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging. To find out more about how we do this visit: https://www.glasgowkelvin.ac.uk/equality-diversity/