- Jordanhill School, 45 Chamberlain Road, G13 1SP
- £27,498.00 - £41,412.00 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
The application page will open in a new window.
Jordanhill School is situated in the West End of Glasgow. It is a combined Primary and Secondary School with a total school roll of approximately 1050, aged from 5 - 18. It is a community, comprehensive school which is funded by direct grant from the Scottish Government.
The Primary has a role of 462 organised into 16 classes. P1-2 classes have 22 children in each and the rest of the school has 33 pupils per class. We are seeking a full time permanent primary teacher to join our team. The successful applicant will be expected to:
* Demonstrate a sound knowledge of CfE and an ability to plan the learning and teaching experiences for every child
* Have a sound understanding of the importance of assessment as an integral part of the planning evaluation and moderation cycle
* Engage in departmental development work in relation to A Curriculum for Excellence and the School Improvement Plan Priorities
* Show a profound interest in his/her professional development
* Show a commitment to extend the use of ICT in the delivery of courses and in carrying out related administrative tasks as required. Participation in training events organised by the school is essential.
Applicants should be confident in their ability to work with very able pupils and to respond to the needs of the full range of abilities found in a non-selective environment.
Interviews are expected to be held during week commencing 15th March 2021. The intended commencement date for the successful candidate is Monday 16th August 2021 when the new session commences.
Applicants are required to be GTC Scotland registered and appointment is subject to a satisfactory PVG check prior to commencement in the post, satisfactory references, presentation of qualifications and confirmation of the right to work in the UK. Any offer of employment will be withdrawn if any of the above conditions are not satisfied.
To apply for this vacancy please click on the 'apply now' button. An application form must be completed (cvs will not be considered or acknowledged) and return to Pauline Cameron, HR Officer firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadlines for applications is close of business 8th March 2021.