- North East Scotland College, Aberdeen City Campus, Gallowgate, AB25 1BN
- £27,392.79 - £31,476.26 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Carpentry and Joinery Instructor/Work-based Assessor (Ref A843)
Full Time/Permanent/Altens Campus
Salary: £27,392.79 - £31,476.26 per annum
We are looking to recruit a skilled Carpentry and Joinery practitioner to join our expanding Construction team.
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified Carpenter and Joiner with an SVQ level 3 qualification and preferably an Advanced Craft or equivalent qualification in the subject area. They will have excellent communication and presentation skills and be committed to engaging with learners that results in motivating them to succeed.
If you are enthusiastic about Construction and training people to work in construction professions, are a highly effective team player who actively assists colleagues and have the ability to pass on knowledge and skills to students, we want you to come and join our team.
This post will involve the assessment of construction apprentices in the workplace so a full driving licence will be required.
The College encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds.
The closing date for applications will be 24 October 2021.
(criteria marked * are desirable, all others are essential)
- SVQ level 3 or SCQF level 7 Qualification in Carpentry and Joinery
- Advanced Craft qualification in Carpentry and Joinery*
- Educated to HNC/D level or equivalent in the relevant subject area*
- Assessor training qualifications*
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Up to date vocational experience in the relevant area.
- Experience as a trainer or experience of training staff in the relevant area
- Up to date industry knowledge in the relevant area
- Knowledge of the type of programmes available in further education
- Knowledge of a range of assessment methods.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Numeracy skills
- Able to work on own initiative and without supervision
- The ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Team working skills
- IT literacy
- Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with students
- Committed to people development
- Committed to customer service and quality improvement
- Ability to relate to people
- Able to develop positive working relationships
- Commitment to College values and equal opportunities
- Full driving licence to enable travel to assessment sites and other locations as required
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the demands of the post
- A willingness to study for relevant teaching and assessing qualifications