- North East Scotland College, Aberdeen Altens Campus, Harness Road, Altens Industrial Estate, AB12 3LE
- £27,392.79 - £31,476.22 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
Instructor/Assessor (Work-based Engineering) (Ref A861)
Full Time/Permanent/Altens Campus (travel to other campuses/Sites required)
Salary: £27,392.79 - £31,476.22 per annum
We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated professional to assess our Modern Apprenticeship Engineering Vocational programme.
The successful candidate will have some training/mentoring experience in the subject area and ideally be a fully qualified Vocational Assessor with an HND qualification (SCQF Level 8) or equivalent qualification in the subject area. They will have excellent communication and presentation skills and a proven track record of engaging with learners that results in motivating them to succeed.
If you are a highly effective team player who actively supports colleagues, have the ability to build and maintain effective Employer and Apprentice relationships, and have relevant industry experience, we want you to come and join our team.
This post will involve the assessment of engineering Modern Apprentices in the workplace.
The College encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds.
(criteria marked * are desirable, all others are essential)
- Educated to HND level (SCQF Level 8) or equivalent in the relevant subject area
- Assessor training qualifications*
- Verifier training qualifications*
- Evidence of continuous professional development
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Up to date vocational experience in the relevant area.
- Experience as a trainer or experience of training staff in the relevant area
- Up to date industry knowledge in the relevant area
- Knowledge of the type of programmes available in further education
- Knowledge of a range of assessment methods.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Numeracy skills
- Able to work on own initiative and without supervision
- The ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Team working skills
- IT literacy
- Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with students
- Committed to people development
- Committed to customer service and quality improvement
- Ability to relate to people
- Able to develop positive working relationships
- Commitment to College values and equal opportunities
- Able to travel to other locations as required
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the demands of the post
- A willingness to study for relevant teaching and assessing qualifications