- Location: North East Scotland College, Aberdeen City Campus, Gallowgate, AB25 1BN
- Salary: £33,509.97 - £37,381.90 per year pro rata
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 21 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Learning & Development Advisor – Ref A819
Aberdeen City Campus/Part Time (21 hours per week)/Permanent
Salary: £33,509.97 - £37,381.90 per annum
Actual Salary: £20,105.98 - £22,429.14 per annum
People Services are looking for a well organised and motivated individual with experience of working in a Learning and Development capacity. The successful post holder will have a lead role in identifying the training needs of staff, designing and providing a range of training solutions, and evaluating the L&D provision. In addition, the post holder will be responsible for ensuring that staff have access to a range of wellbeing initiatives and activities and will work with managers to fully implement the College’s appraisal system “iCon”.
Applicants must hold CIPD Level 7 Diploma (or equivalent) and be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal and analytical skills as well as the ability to use initiative and information to provide effective advice and solutions.
The closing date for applications will be 24th February 2020.
Learning & Development Advisor
- Certificate in Human Resources or Learning & Development Practice that equates to CIPD Level 7.
- Degree in relevant subject (SCQF Level 9 equivalent)
- Evidence of commitment to continuous professional development.
- Previous experience of designing and delivering learning and development programmes.
- Experience of conducting training needs analyses and / or wellbeing surveys.
- Proven experience of supporting the development and delivery of HR and / or L&D strategies and delivering associated action plans.
- Experience of undertaking evaluations and making recommendations for improvement.
- Experience of using statistical data to inform decision-making and provide advice to managers
- Knowledge of different L&D strategies and applications that can be used to address training needs.
- Knowledge of frameworks such as Healthy Working Lives*
- Knowledge of the factors that can impact on wellbeing in the workplace
- Knowledge of and commitment to safeguarding, equality and diversity and health and safety and their applications in this role.
- The ability to provide pragmatic and effective advice and solutions.
- Strong influencing skills with proven ability to work with people at all levels within the organisation.
- Good interpersonal skills with proven ability to work and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational, planning and project management skills with a proven ability to manage competing demands effectively.
- High level IT skills and the ability to develop and implement the HR IT system for the area.
- Confident in professional ability
- Committed to people development
- Meticulous and organised
- Articulates information clearly
- Manages risk effectively
- Commitment to College Vison and Values and to Equality & Diversity.
- Able to travel between College sites when required
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the demands of the post
All criteria are essential except for those marked * which are desirable. For these training will be provided.