Lecturer in Accounting
||Friday, 29th September 2017
||Wednesday, 13th September 2017
||North East Scotland College, Aberdeen City Campus, Gallowgate
||£34,007.81 - £40,026.27 per year
||35.00 hours per week
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with a passion for teaching who is keen to pass on their knowledge to our students. The successful candidate will be educated to Degree level (or equivalent) qualification in the subject area.
The individual should have an excellent working knowledge and skill set relevant to the accounting sector. Experience of teaching and motivating learners to succeed would be an advantage.
If you are a highly effective team player who has the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with students and colleagues we want you to come and join our team.
You should also be willing to work towards a TQFE (Teaching Qualification in Further Education) once employment has commenced if you do not already hold a relevant teaching qualification.
(criteria marked * are desirable, all others are essential)
JOB TITLE: LECTURER
1. A degree or equivalent relevant professional qualification in Accounting – this must be at least one level above what is taught.
2. Teaching qualification (TQFE or equivalent)or willingness to obtain
3. *Evidence of continuous professional development and compliance with professional standards for lecturers
1. Ability to demonstrate behaviours consistent with the professional standards for lectures
2. Either up to date experience of working in Accounting or up to date studying/teaching in Accounting
3. * Teaching or training experience – experience of presenting to individuals or groups
4. *Experience of conducting assessment against a standard
5. * Assessor qualification
6. * GTCs registration
1. Sound and up to date knowledge of Accounting
2. Ability to demonstrate the effective use of digital technologies in the learning environment
1. Ability to communicate and present different levels of information to different audiences
2. Ability to organise workload
3. Ability to develop and use appropriate learning/teaching/training materials
4. Ability to use IT for maintaining records.
1. Demonstrate ability to objectively evaluate own performance
2. Be able to identify how the needs of students can be effectively met
3. Be prepared to work collaboratively within a team by share ideas and supporting colleagues.
4. Communicate openly and in a positive manner
5. Operate in a fair and inclusive manner demonstrating respect for colleagues and students.
6. Demonstrate tolerance, calmness and resilience.