- North East Scotland College, Aberdeen City Campus, Gallowgate, AB25 1BN
- £27,336 - £33,885.30 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 28 hours per week
This position has expired.
Lecturer in Media Professions (Ref. No. L607)
Permanent/Part Time (28 hours per week)/Aberdeen City Campus
Salary: £34,170.00- £42,357.00 pro rata per annum
Actual Salary: £27,336.00 - £33,885.60 per annum
We currently have a vacancy for a Lecturer in Media, on a part-time permanent basis. This post will involve developing and delivering a variety of courses for groups of students studying a range of media related topics: pre-production planning; broadcast media; media enquiry; production skills and also theory.
We are seeking a talented and dynamic practitioner who is keen to pass on their skills and knowledge to our students.
It is essential that you are educated to degree level or equivalent in the subject area with relevant up to date vocational experience. Teaching experience is preferred but not essential as training will be provided; however excellent communication and social skills are required along with the ability to build and maintain effective teacher/learner relationships with students which is a key aspect of the role.
The College encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds.
The closing date for applications will be 29/10/2021.
PERSON SPECIFICATIO(criteria marked * are desirable, all others are essential)
- Working knowledge of the Media Professions
- Good communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to develop and use appropriate learning/teaching/training materials
- Computer literate
- * Knowledge and/or experience of the use of electronic learning materials
- Degree or equivalent qualification (minimum SCQF Level 9) in a related subject area
- Up to date experience in an area of Media
- * Teaching or training experience
- * Teaching qualification (TQFE or equivalent)
- * Assessment experience
- * Assessment qualification
- * ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence)
- * GTC registration
- Effective team player who actively supports others
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with students and colleagues
- Prioritises work effectively
- Meets deadlines
- Personally well-organised
- Evidence of commitment to equal opportunities
- Own practice reflects good health and safety practice
- Has undertaken mandatory staff development (if internal candidate)
- Evidence of commitment to continuing professional development
- *Driving Licence and willingness to use own vehicle for business purposes.