- North East Scotland College Aberdeen Altens Campus Harness Road Altens Industrial Estate, AB12 3LE
- £24,389.18 - £26,423.91 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
Storekeeper/Technician (Ref. No. A940)
Full Time/Permanent/Aberdeen Altens Campus
Salary: £24,389.18 - £26,423.91 per annum (Pay Award Pending, currently at additional £3.5K per annum)
We are seeking a highly organised and conscientious individual to provide storekeeping & technical support to staff, students and external clients within our Technical Support team, in our busy dual hatched Automotive and Fabrication store.
Candidates should have some technical knowledge in one or more of engineering, automotive and fabrication disciplines as well as the ability to work on their own initiative and be adaptable to using online electronic procurement systems. The ability to be flexible with duties is an essential quality in undertaking this busy and varied role.
Candidates should have experience of storekeeping within industry and/or a customer focused environment. We are looking for candidates to hold an NC (or equivalent) qualification in a relevant discipline, or applicable industry experience. Knowledge of the technology used in a learning environment would be desirable, but is not necessary.
NESCol is a disability confident employer. We offer a variety of working options in line with business requirements and place great importance on staff wellbeing. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds.
The closing date for applications will be 16th February 2023.
Interested? Want to know more?
For more information on this vacancy please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Human Resources on (01224) 612244.
(all criteria are essential,*desirable)
- NC or equivalent qualification in any Engineering discipline, or relevant equivalent industry experience. (SCQF Level 4)
- Evidence of continuous professional development
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- *Technical knowledge of the Automotive or Engineering industries, procedures and techniques.
- Adaptable skillset to organise and order using an electronic procurement system.
- Experience of working within a busy stores environment.
- *Knowledge of an Automotive or Engineering environment.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Numeracy skills
- Able to work on own initiative and without supervision
- The ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Team working skills
- IT literacy
- Committed to people development
- Committed to customer service and quality improvement
- Ability to relate to people
- Able to develop positive working relationships
- Physical fitness (sufficient to move and install equipment).
- Commitment to College values and equal opportunities
- Able to work flexibly to meet the demands of the post