- Location: North East Scotland College, Aberdeen City Campus, Gallowgate, AB25 1BN
- Salary: £22,339.18 - £24,369.30 per year
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
The Student Information Advisor must ensure they provide a high quality front-line service, pre-entry guidance, funding and referral information service for all clients of the college which is comprehensive and efficient.
This role provides an admissions and funding service which is responsive to the clients needs and expectations in line with agreed quality standards and College admissions and funding procedures.
Candidates should have Standard Grade (or equivalent) in English and ECDL. Candidates should have experience of working on a busy Reception/Switchboard, working in a customer care focused environment and have experience of cash handling and reconciliation. Applicants must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and strong keyboard/computer and switchboard skills.
(criteria marked * are desirable, all others are essential)
1. Standard Grade (or equivalent) in English.
3. *HNC Administration and Information Technology (or equivalent)
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
1. Experience of working on a busy Reception/Switchboard.
2. Experience of working in a customer care focused environment.
3. Experience of Windows based computer packages.
4. Experience of cash handling and reconciliation.
1. Communication skills.
2. Organisational skills.
3. Interpersonal skills.
4. Keyboard/computer skills.
5. Switchboard skills.
6. Clerical/admin skills.
1. Pleasant manner face to face, on the phone and through email.
2. Positive attitude.
3. Flexible approach to work.
4. Ability to project warmth and interest in others.
5. Smart and well presented.
6. Ability to work and remain calm under pressure.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
8. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
1. Commitment to College values and equal opportunities
2. Able to travel between College sites on a regular basis
3. Ability to work as needed to meet the demands of the post