- North East Scotland College, Aberdeen City Campus, Gallowgate, AB25 1BN
- £24,808.98 - £28,057.84 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Trainee Accountant (Ref. No. A855)
Full time/Permanent/Aberdeen City Campus
Salary: £24,808.98 - £28,057.84 per annum
This is a key role reporting to both Financial Controllers of the College.
You will initially be required to provide cover in Credit Control, gaining a breadth of experience in that function.
You will also be expected to, in time, gain a good general knowledge of the main functions of both Finance Teams, with a view to progressing with professional accountancy qualifications.
You must hold an HND or degree level (SCQF level 8), or equivalent, and be willing to take on the opportunities and challenges associated with a professional accountancy qualification.
You should have good oral and written communication skills and the ability to work on your own initiative without supervision.
The College encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds.
The closing date for applications will be 29/10/2021.
(all criteria are essential)
- Oral and written communication skills
- Numeracy skills
- An understanding of financial systems and procedures
- Able to work on own initiative and without supervision
- The ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Team working skills
- Accuracy and able to check for errors
- IT literacy
- Qualification to HND or degree level (SCQF level 8)
- Higher English and Maths, or Accounts (or equivalent)
- Committed to people development, and willing to progress to a financial qualification
- Committed to customer service and quality improvement
- Ability to relate to people
- Able to develop positive working relationships
- Able to keep calm under pressure
- Commitment to College values and equal opportunities
- Able to travel between College sites on a regular basis
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the demands of the post