- Caledonia South Campus - OneSchool Global , FK10 1TA
- £28,433 - £41,885 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
OneSchool Global UK is part of the OneSchool Global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world with 126 campuses across 20 countries.
We have a fantastic opportunity at our Caledonia South campus for an experienced and interactive English Teacher on a full time, permanent basis. OneSchool Global is at the cutting edge of developing pedagogy that supports students to become ‘life-ready’ and support them to become self-directed learners.
Being a teacher within OneSchool means that you become part of Caledonia South Campus, OneSchool Global, Europe and U.K., as well as a part of a National Curriculum Department. Through these you will be supported to develop as a classroom teacher, as well offer you career progression and opportunities as a part of a national and global organisation.
- To ensure documented lesson plans are delivered to meet the outcomes as set out in the relevant OneSchool Global UK English Language and Literature curriculum and the relevant Examination Board specifications
- To plan, implement and monitor schemes of work, lesson plans and student Self-Directed Learning assignments for English.
- To ensure the Self-Directed Learning philosophy of the school is present in the opportunities presented to the students
- To develop and fully utilise assignments and tasks centred on the school virtual learning environment (Canvas) including homework, quizzes, and discussion forums
- In conjunction with the Campus Principal, ensure that lesson plans are tailored to accommodate students with an individual learning plan (ILP) and ensure that the lesson plan delivers what the ILP requires
- Use a wide range of resources and extracurricular activities to provide students with a broad range of activities and experiences in keeping with the School’s guidelines
- Keep appropriate records of progress and attainment of students for use in planning and for reporting accordingly to parents
- Have recent experience of teaching English up to S4/National 5.
- Have knowledge of, or willing to learn, the National Curriculum, for GCSE English Language and Literature as well as examination specifications – you will join a supportive department to support you with this.
- Have met the GTCS standard for registration, Degree educated and Standard Grade 1 or 2/National 5 C or above in English and Maths
- Ensure high standards are maintained, progressed, and promoted in all areas of work.
- Set an example of positive personal integrity and professionalism, with positive, appropriate, and effective communications and relationships at all levels
- Uphold and promulgate the OneSchool Global UK ethos within all areas of responsibility
- Supportive staff, and an involved community who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
- Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
- Excellent premises and well-equipped classrooms providing a modern and technologically advanced learning environment for students
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
- A competitive salary and continuation within the Scottish Teachers Pension Scheme.
- Professional support from OneSchool Global UK to continually progress and develop your career- via our National Teacher Academy and national English department.