- Location: Various RGU partner locations
- Salary: £25,000.00 - £34,500.00 per year
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious graduate in digital marketing or a strongly related field to fast-track their career development as a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) Associate in the food and drink sector. KTP (Knowledge Transfer Partnership) supports partnerships between business and universities or research organisations, placing graduates (KTP Associates) to work on innovative high-profile projects. You will undertake a 2-year collaborative project between Dean’s of Huntly and the Robert Gordon University School of Creative and Cultural Business. The post will be based at the company premises in Huntly, Aberdeenshire.
Dean’s is a traditional business in the food & drink sector, with an existing e-commerce platform and social media presence. Dean’s already has access into the traditional retail market, chiefly via contracts supply of branded and own label luxury shortbread and related hand-baked products. Their existing business model includes a fully functional ecommerce platform, and the company are investing in significant improvements within their manufacturing and fulfilment functions to accommodate significant production growth.
You must ideally possess a Master’s degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Data Science, or a strongly related discipline. However, those with a strong undergraduate degree in the above disciplines are welcome to apply. You should be self-motivated with an ability to work independently and to tight deadlines within a dynamic and small team environment. Knowledge of the Scottish food and drink sector and international markets would be an advantage.
You will be responsible for applying business research methodologies to the design, development and deployment of a digital strategy, and the associated programme of staff development and cultural change required to enable the company to expand their online B2C sales and grow their traditional B2B markets. The KTP Associate benefits from a tax-free personal development budget (allowing them to participate in courses /professional qualifications) of £4,000 and will be responsible for other budgets including travel and consumables.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required, as the ideal candidate must be able to communicate effectively with a range of different individuals. i.e. technical, academic, business and customers. Team working and flexibility will be a key requirement.
Salary Range: Up to £34,500 with a review after one year, plus £4,000 development budget for the associate and a £4,500 travel budget.
This post is subject to a Disclosure Scotland check. For more information visit: https://www.mygov.scot/basic-disclosure/
Informal enquires may be sent to Professor Simon Burnett at firstname.lastname@example.org
RESPONSIBLE TO: ·Whilst working on company premises report to and take direction from the Company Supervisor. Whilst working at Robert Gordon University report to and take direction from Professor Simon Burnett, Ms Christina Stewart, Mr Josh Bircham and Mr Graeme Stephen.
PURPOSE OF POST:
- Transfer knowledge of Digital Marketing to Dean’s of Huntly.
- Provide guidance as required to staff at Dean’s of Huntly.
- Deal with problems that may affect the achievement of project objectives and deadlines
- Carry out administrative tasks related directly to the delivery of the project and knowledge transfer
- Develop technical and personal skills (verbal and written) as required with increasing responsibility as experience level develops through the duration of the project.
- Establish, implement and embed a process for developing a digital strategy that will draw on external best practice and internal knowledge
- Evolve the current Dean’s brand to capitalise on the potential offered by a growth in digital sales and marketing
- Evaluate the need for external contractors and identifying where it makes economic and strategic sense to bring work back in-house
- Upskill staff in areas appropriate to the issues identified above for example strategy development, social media marketing, digital sales and online customer care
- Design and implement a programme of cultural change across the organisation to reflect this digital strategy and bring staff on board
- Conduct a literature review of digital marketing in the food and drink sector
- Maintain an up-to-date project plan and provide a progress report for presentation at regular Local Management Committee (LMC) meetings.
- Deliver presentations to immediate project team members and technical experts.
- Any other duties that maybe reasonable, assigned by the Academic Supervisor/ Company Supervisor.
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
BSc/BA qualification in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Data Science or similar discipline.
Candidates with highly relevant industry experience will also be considered.
Able to evidence continuing professional development and active interest/willingness to engage in ongoing CPD.
Knowledge and skills
Able to communicate effectively with and to work with people at all levels, including academics, customers, technicians, sub-contractors and senior managers
Able to demonstrate evidence of effective project team participation qualities and ability to provide support and motivation to team members.
Able to work effectively under pressure and meet targets and delivery outputs within time and budget.
Able to work flexibly and demonstrate a positive and proactive approach to transformational change.
Able to undertake independent research and to communicate this research comprehensively and accurately.
Able to evidence good business acumen and able to plan, implement, evaluate and present sound business solutions
Experience developing social media content and using social media monitoring tools
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
MSc qualification in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Data Science or similar postgraduate qualification
Experience of working in the food and drink sector
Experience of CRM systems
Experience with key Adobe Suite Applications (Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere) or direct equivalents
Experience using WordPress and Google Analytics
Experience with eCommerce web applications
Experience implementing search engine optimisation and paid search
The job description may be amended to take account of changed circumstances and staff will be consulted when this is necessary.