- RGU Garthdee, AB10 7GJ
- £26,396 - £28,762 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
We are looking for a confident and enthusiastic individual, with excellent administrative and organisational skills who would enjoy working in partnership with our students to ensure their voice is heard on opportunities and challenges that are relevant to them and which will help shape the direction of the student experience at RGU.
Ideally you will have worked within tertiary education and be committed to engaging and supporting student representatives and university staff to work in partnership to deliver enhancements to teaching, learning and assessment, co-curricular and extra-curricular activity.
This is a fantastic opportunity to enhance your experience in supporting and coordinating student representative activity working autonomously and part of a wider team, in a vibrant and fast paced environment.
Please complete the short application form and attach your CV and a covering letting detailing your suitability for the role against the requirements in the person specification.
This post in subject to the individual being required to join the PVG scheme. For more information, visit: https://www.mygov.scot/pvg-scheme/
You will benefit from a generous pension scheme, 46 days annual leave (including statutory days) an onsite nursery and sports centre, as well as a range of voluntary health and travel benefits.
Salary on first appointment is normally to the bottom of the scale, although in exceptional circumstances an appointment further up the scale may be considered.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of Sport & Student Partnership
RESPONSIBLE FOR: N/A
PURPOSE OF POST: To support the development, implementation and appraisal of the Student Partnership Agreement as well as the enhancement of an effective student representation system by working with the Student Presidents, and relevant staff across the university and Students’ Union.
- Support the Head of Sport & Student Partnership and Student Presidents to develop and implement the Student Partnership Agreement and associated action plans.
- Support Head of Sport & Student Partnership and Student Presidents to develop and implement an effective School representation system in liaison with senior members of the academic schools.
- Advise and assist the Student Presidents in recruiting and supporting School Officers and Class Reps in their roles.
- Collaborate with others tolead training programmes for student reps to become effective leaders of enhancement ensuring the student voice is heard appropriately across the university.
- Co-ordinate, organise and administer all meetings relating to the Student Partnership Agreement and events relating to opportunities for School Officers and Class Reps to engage directly with senior members of the university staff.
- Develop and maintain links with relevant internal departments and external organisations to ensure that university and Student Union are appropriately informed on matters pertaining to student partnership and student representation.
- Gather and present student partnership, representation and engagement data to the Head of Sport and Student Partnership and Student Presidents.
- Build effective working relationships internally with others across the University and externally by representing the University's interests in relevant internal and external forums.
- Assure compliance with the University’s policies and procedures.
- Duties of the post outlined are not exhaustive, and the postholder will be expected to be co-operative and flexible, undertaking such other duties as may be reasonably expected by management. The duties of the post will be subject to review in line with changing requirements, both internal and external.
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
- Degree in Relevant discipline or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of opportunities and challenges within the Higher Education Sector
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience of delivering on and presenting project plans
- Experience of working in partnership to achieve results
- Experience of planning, promoting and running activities
- Experience of delivering objectives within deadlines
- Experience of building excellent relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Higher Education structures.
- Knowledge of Student Partnership Agreements
- Knowledge of Student representation and/or volunteering structures within Student Unions and Universities.
- Experience of paid or volunteering roles within Student Experience focussed activities.
- Experience of general administration, data analysis, report writing and minute taking.
- Evidence of continual professional development
Service Delivery - Experience of exploring and adapting a service to meet customer’s expectations and also identifying ways of improving standards
Communication – Ability to receive, understand and convey both straightforward information, and information requiring careful explanation, in a clear and accurate manner
Decision Making – Experiences of using own judgement to make decisions; making collaborative decisions with others to reach conclusions; providing advice or information that will influence the decisions of others
Initiative & Problem Solving - Experience of using initiative and creativity to resolve problems, identifying practical and suitable solutions
Team Development – Experience of providing advice or guidance to new starts; delivering training or instruction to others on specific tasks or activities
Team Work & Motivation - Experience of being supportive and encouraging to others, with a flexible approach to delivering team results. Actively contribute to team morale