- SFRS Service Delivery Area West HQ, Bothwell Road, Hamilton, ML3 0EA
- £32,038 - £35,322 per year dependent on experience
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service would like to invite applications for the post of ICT Network/Comms Engineer, based in West SDA Headquarters, Hamilton on a permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity, working 35 hours per week.
The ICT Network/Communications Engineer’s primary role is to ensure the availability and integrity of the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service’s mobilising system, including command and control and remote fire station equipment. To install, maintain and repair the SFRS communications systems, and associated equipment. To provide technical advice and assistance on any aspect of the SFRS communications systems. Implementation and support of the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service’s network infrastructure, including LAN’s, WAN’s, mobilising systems, radio, paging and telephony systems.
- HNC/HND Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience
- Detailed experience in relevant system technology, with knowledge of VHF/UHF radio, voice communications, GD92 POCSAG paging, satellite communications and networking technologies
- A high degree of competency and experience with network & telecommunication systems in a large enterprise environment
- Application, installation and troubleshooting experience in a radio, paging, network & telecommunication systems environment
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or equivalent
- Experience in the installation and support of Cisco routers, switches, access points, firewalls and VoIP
- A strong understanding of basic WAN networking technologies including, ISDN2 & ISDN30, routing protocols (OSPF & RIPv2) and VPN's
- Experience of traditional analogue PBX systems and technologies
- Experience of working in an emergency services environment
- Experience of supporting a Fire Service’s mobilisation systems
There is also a requirement to participate in an agreed 24/7 on-call rota to provide engineering cover and advice for mobilising and essential communications equipment.
Full details of the role and our recruitment process can be found in the attached information pack.
Salary on appointment will normally be at the lower salary point, with progression subject to regular review - in line with the SFRS performance appraisal arrangements. A higher salary placing will be considered in exceptional circumstances subject to experience demonstrated.
This post is also subject to the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exclusions and Exemptions) Scotland Order 2013. Therefore, the successful candidate's will be subject to a Standard Disclosure record check through Disclosure Scotland.
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourage applications from all sectors of the community. In addition, we are committed to being a “Disability Confident Employer” and will ensure that all applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role are invited for interview.
If you would like to apply in a different format, please telephone Rafiya Anjum on 01698 402551 or email SFRS.PODVacancies@firescotland.gov.uk.
Please note, a fully completed application form must be submitted as SFRS do not accept CVs in support of applications for employment.