- CHAS, Canal Court, 42 Craiglockhart Avenue, Edinburgh, EH14 1LX
- £47,807 - £52,050 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37.5 hours per week
This position has expired.
Salary: CHAS Clinical Band 9, Point 23 to 25 (£47,807 to £52,050 per annum)
Location: Simpson Centre for Reproductive Health, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh/ Royal Hospital for Children and Young People, Edinburgh
Contract: Full time, Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
Closing Date: 12 October 2022
“Perinatal palliative Care has developed so much over the last few years and I am proud to have been a part of this important work. Offering choice around end of life care and providing support to those facing the death of their baby has been a privilege” ~ Evelyn Rodger, Diana Children’s Nurse
Due to retirement we are recruiting a Diana Children’s Nurse with a specific focus on perinatal palliative care.
The post holder will work alongside NHS colleagues in the Royal Hospital for Children and Young People, Edinburgh, the Neonatal Unit at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh and the Special Care Baby Unit at St John’s Hospital, Livingston.
Our Diana Children’s Nurses receive:
· Continuation of NHS pension scheme if you are an existing member
· Generous annual leave entitlement
· Negotiable relocation package
· Support with relocation
· Superb training, clinical and professional development
· Regular externally facilitated supervision sessions
· Employee assistance programme
The CHAS service:
· Two children’s hospices, Rachel House, Kinross and Robin House, Balloch.
· An Outreach Service providing support to children and families in their own homes, hospitals and communities across Scotland
· Co-partnership working with Scotland’s three children’s hospitals.
· To provide expert clinical and strategic nursing leadership in the development and delivery of perinatal and children’s palliative care by;
§ Clinical Leadership
§ Expert Clinical Practice
§ Strategic planning and delivery
§ Education and Workforce Development
The post-holder will be employed by CHAS as part of the Diana Children’s Nurse Team working across Scotland, and will be embedded as part of the Children’s Palliative Care team within NHS Lothian.
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK here
If you wish to have an informal conversation with our Associate Director for Outreach, please contact Louise McGregor at email@example.com
Queries regarding the recruitment process: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0131 444 3293
We look forward to hearing from you.