- 31 Blairtummock Pl, Glasgow/ Civic Centre, Windmillhill St, Motherwell, ML1 1AB
- £16,000 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
Commsworld is a leading UK Telecommunications Network Provider and ISP. Their aim is to be Provider of choice for digital connectivity solutions specialising in exceptional delivery to clients across all sectors.
Commsworld is an equal opportunities employer. Commsworld welcome applications from those who have been part of the North Lanarkshire Pathways Programme, care experienced, or have a disability.
As a part of your Apprenticeship, you will also be lucky enough to undertake placements with North Lanarkshire council who support a wide range of infrastructure, projects, education and effect positive changes for those who live and work in the North Lanarkshire region.
This position is for a 2 year fixed term contract with Commsworld Ltd.
In year 1 you will gain a Modern Apprenticeship in IT Professional SCQF Level 6 (comparable to a HNC or first year of university).
In year 2 you will gain a Modern Apprenticeship in Cyber Security SCQF Level 8 (comparable to a HND or second year of university).
- Salary - £16,000 per annum
- The salary will be reviewed on completion of the Apprenticeship
- 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday (1 hr lunch break)
Future Career Progression:
- System Management, Software & Web Developer, Database Architect, Systems Architecture
Interested? Apply Today!
What will I learn?
- Providing remote 1st Line Support using Microsoft Windows 10 Desktop Operating Systems
- Answering calls and raising support tickets
- Taking ownership of users’ issues and identifying appropriate solutions to resolve service incidents and requests
- Providing users with regular communication on the progress of investigations and planned solutions
- Working closely with colleagues in the support team to provide 1st Line Support, ensuring assigned calls are responded to, diagnosed and revolved swiftly
- Assisting support teams with incident resolution for any onsite devices e.g., smartphones, iPads
- Creating standard documentation on problem resolution, fixes and updating the technical knowledge bas
- Work with the Security Operations and the wider Security and Compliance function
- Participate in the delivery of security projects.
- Support vulnerability and penetration testing on new and existing environments.
- Assist internal teams with protecting the integrity of internal assets.
- Basic Security alert and Report management.
What qualification or qualities are required?
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
- Passion Information & Cyber Security
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic about providing first class customer service
- Detail oriented
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- Eagerness to succeed with a willingness to learn
- Strong team player
- Positive working attitude
- Problem solving skills and ability to use own initiative
- Ability to build and maintain relationships