- 40 George Street, EH2 2LE
- £29,040 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 week per week
This position has expired.
Established in 2014, the Developing the Young Workforce Regional Groups are a network of 21 industry-led groups tasked with strengthening employer engagement with education. The groups work to support pupils in Scotland’s publicly funded secondary schools. Through engagement with a network of over 4000 employers they have enriched the school experience for tens of thousands of young people.
The strengthening of the role of the Regional DYW Groups was outlined in recommendations published by the Enterprise and Skills Strategic Board (2020) (ESSB) and the Young Person Guarantee No One Left Behind (2020). The ESSB recommendations identified a need to add capacity through the introduction of funded DYW regional school coordinators across all secondary schools.
DYW SCHOOL COORDINATOR X3
Developing the Young Workforce, Edinburgh, Midlothian and East Lothian are hiring!
Contract: 35 Hours Per week, Fixed Term until March 31st 2023 with a view to extend pending funding agreement. School Term Time.
Salary: £29,040 per Annum
'Young people are key to our future economic success so it is crucial we do as much as we can to prepare them for the world of work and open up job opportunities for all’
Do you want to be part of a team connecting employers with young people and working with partners to make this happen? Our DYW School Coordinator role may be just right for you.
If you would like your working day to include activities like:
· Planning and co-creating employability, enterprise and wider curriculum learning opportunities with employers, educators and partners
· Identifying employer activities and events to support young people in school to prepare for the world of work
· Networking with the business community
· Making things happen for young people
And some of the day to day expectations that comes with this...
· Reporting on operations, activities and progress
· Keeping up to date with labour market changes
· Collaborating and flying solo
· Leading and being part of regular meetings
If you are:
· Passionate about helping young people to be Informed, Inspired and Hired
· Organised, enjoy planning, creative and innovative
· A great communicator, networker and influencer
· A collaborator, strategic thinker and doer
We would love to hear from you!
We have X3 vacancies in our current team of DYW School Coordinators. This role is based across three local authority schools in Edinburgh and Midlothian full time, fixed term and currently funded until the end of March 2023. The role is 35 hours per week and is school term time with the salary paid over 12 months of the year.
The role is classed as ‘Regulated Work’ A Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) membership is required (application to the scheme made by us upon conditional offer of the post).
How to Apply:
· Download the Full Job Description within this advert or from our website.
· Application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with CV and Cover Letter by 12 NOON on Monday 15th August.
· Interviews will be held in person w/c 22nd August.
· Anticipated start date pending successful return of PVG and references, w/c 12th September (if not sooner).
Applicants will not be excluded on the grounds of sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race, marital status, disability, age, religion, belief or sexual orientation.
Candidates who consider themselves to be disabled in terms of the Equality Act 2010, and who meet the essential minimum criteria for the post, will be guaranteed an interview. Please make us aware in the email application. We will also ensure that we consider and implement any reasonable adjustments a candidate may require to attend for interview or during the course of employment, should they be successful in securing a post.