Head of Finance and Business DevelopmentFavourite
|Closes:||Monday, 8th May 2017|
|Published:||Monday, 17th April 2017|
|Location:||Head Office, Music Institute, East Port|
|Salary:||£41,128 - £44,976 per year|
|Hours:||36.00 hours per week|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Organisation:||Fife Sports and Leisure Trust|
|Category:||Managerial / Executive|
|Sub-category:||Head of Department|
To lead a Finance and Business Development function at executive level within the Company. Provide strategic support to the Board, Chief Executive and Executive Management Team through a strong focus of accelerating innovation and change from both the financial and business development perspective. This is a key leadership role with the post holder being a member of the Company’s Executive Management Team (EMT).
Fully qualified member of CCAB or equivalent e.g. ACCA/CIMA
Educated to SCQF level 9, which includes a Degree or equivalent in a related field.
• Leading, developing and providing professional support to the Accountancy, Business Transformation and Administrative Services, supporting and influencing key operational and strategic decisions.
• Leading on the development and implementation of a long term financial plan (Revenue and Capital), reflecting FSLT’s business objectives and ensuring a strong corporate control of financial resources.
• Responsibility for authorising expenditure subject to the Company’s Financial Regulations.
• Overseeing the development and implementation of Financial Regulations applicable to FSLT.
• Overseeing the continued development, implementation and review of effective financial services. Managing the FSLT’s revenue and capital budget process to ensure the delivery of a sustainable and affordable budget at Corporate level.
• Leading on the development and implementation of a financial internal audit programme.
• Leading a Company-wide business transformation change agenda and identifying business benefits, both commercial and organisational that can be derived from the implementation of new working practices, systems and processes.
• Maximising business opportunities for the generation of new commercial income.
• Contributing to the development and implementation of FSLT’s Corporate Strategy, ensuring strategic requirements are effectively translated into consistent operational action plans.
• Developing and implementing business improvement plans to support the delivery of the Company's strategic goals.
• Delivering a Business Transformation Agenda with a strategic focus on Efficiency, Business Improvement, Value for Money, Performance Management including rationalisation and eliminating under-utilisation wherever possible and taking a more commercial approach to achieve sources of new income.
• Leading the management and development of administrative policies, procedures and processes.
• Leading on corporate governance ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and providing professional guidance and advice to CEO and Board of Directors.
• Leading on the continued development a range of performance management systems and measures for use by the Board of Directors and Executive Management Team.
• Leading the development of Service Level Agreements in conjunction with Fife Council (sole member)
• Developing, analysing and reporting performance management data.
• Acting as Company Secretary ensuring compliance with the Companies Act 2006 and the Charity Trustees and Investment Act 2005.
• Overseeing adherence to and compliance with the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act and to be responsible for ensuring that the legislation is applied appropriately within FSLT. The same will apply for data protection matters.
- Extensive experience of managing professional teams
- Ability to manage complex budgets
- Ability to assess and manage risk (Risk Management)
- Experience of managing customer relationships at a senior level, including all stakeholders, to ensure financial management support is informed and adds value
- Extensive experience in managing corporate business transformation projects
- Analytical skills
- Proven experience in successful implementation of income generation projects
- Proven strategic thinking with experience of developing strategies and translating these into deliverable improvement plans
- Effective project management skills
- Ability to optimise technology for continuous improvement
- Ability to create a team culture where staff take ownership and responsibility and feel supported in the work they do
- Extensive knowledge of legislative framework, related to OSCR and Companies Act
- Ability to develop and execute service action plans to ensure on-going capacity and capability to deliver team outcomes and support business needs
- Negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to analyse problems and determine creative and practical solutions