- Kirkcaldy Leisure Centre, KY1 1RQ
- £21,193 - £26,768 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 12 hours per week
This position has expired.
To lead and deliver learn to swim sessions to the agreed standard as outlined by Scottish Swimming (SASA, the sports governing body) and the National Framework for Swimming. Where appropriate, adapt lessons in response to business, individual and group needs.
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to obtain Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme membership through Disclosure Scotland and become a member of the relevant PVG scheme.
Minimum Level 1 Certificate for Teaching Aquatics with a commitment to qualify to UKCC Level 2 Teacher of Aquatics / ASA , Full Teacher of Swimming or equivalent within an agreed timescale.
* Applications will be accepted from candidates who have undertaken the new SSTQ (Scottish Swimming Teacher Qualification)
First Aid Qualification
Child Protection Training
*Placement on the salary scale will be dependent on qualifications and experience.
- Deliver fun and innovate swimming lessons to children and adults of all abilities, in line with the Scottish Swimming (SASA) Learn to Swim programme.
- Utilise continuous assessment methods to observe, analyse and record progress of swimmers through the Learn to Swim Programme, in line with the LTAD (Long term athlete development) Swimmer Pathway.
- Promote the Fife Sports and Leisure Trust (FSLT) Learn to Swim programme and provide information of alternative products and services.
- Undertake Continuous Professional Development (CPD) and appropriate additional training in accordance with FSLT employee development scheme.
- Operate in accordance with FSLT guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Observe operational and health and safety procedures to ensure appropriate management of vulnerable groups.
- Delivery of swimming lessons to children and adults
- Scottish Swimming Learn to Swim Programme or equivalent
- Working with swimmers of all abilities from complete beginners to stroke development level
- Liaising with parents of swimmers
- Ability to group swimmers according to ability
- Ability to communicate effectively with swimmers (children and adults), parents and team members
- Demonstrate an understanding of Health and Safety when delivering swimming lessons
- Ability to mentor UKCC Level 1 Teacher of Aquatics / Assistant Swimming Teachers
- The ability to demonstrate enthusiasm, to inspire confidence and motivate participants
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic and innovative
- Outgoing and confident
- Ability to listen and adapt and react quickly and positively
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team