- Various locations in Fife, KY12 7JA
- £22,018 - £27,312 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- Post 1 - Part-Time Kirkcaldy 16.25hrs
- Post 2 - Part-Time Beacon 16hrs
- Post 3 - Part-Time Kirkcaldy 7hrs
Please see attachment for positions available and shift patterns.
CLOSING DATE Sunday 10th July 2022
INTERVIEW DATE: TBC
To lead and deliver learn to swim sessions to the agreed standard as outlined by Scottish Swimming (SASA the sports governing body) and our company’s in-house programme. Where appropriate adapt lessons in response to business, individual and groups needs.
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to obtain Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme membership through Disclosure Scotland and become a member of the relevant PVG scheme.
Minimum Level 1 Certificate for Teaching Aquatics with a commitment to qualify to UKCC Level 2 Teacher of Aquatics / ASA , Full Teacher of Swimming or equivalent within an agreed timescale.
* Applications will be accepted from candidates who have undertaken the new SSTQ (Scottish Swimming Teacher Qualification)
First Aid Qualification
Child Protection Training
*Placement on the salary scale will be dependent on qualifications and experience.
1. Deliver fun and innovate swimming lessons to children and adults of all abilities, in line with the Scottish Swimming (SASA) Learn to Swim programme.
2. Utilise continuous assessment methods to observe, analyse and record progress of swimmers through the Learn to Swim Programme, in line with the LTAD (Long term athlete development) Swimmer Pathway.
3. Promote the Fife Sports and Leisure Trust (FSLT) Learn to Swim programme and provide information of alternative products and services.
4. Undertake Continuous Professional Development (CPD) and appropriate additional training in accordance with FSLT employee development scheme.
5. Operate in accordance with FSLT guidelines, policies and procedures.
6. Observe operational and health and safety procedures to ensure appropriate management of vulnerable groups.
Delivery of swimming lessons to children and adults Scottish Swimming Learn to Swim Programme or equivalent
Working with swimmers of all abilities from complete beginners to stroke development level
Liaising with parents of swimmers
Ability to group swimmers according to ability
Ability to communicate effectively with swimmers (children and adults), parents and team members
Demonstrate an understanding of Health and Safety when delivering swimming lessons
Ability to mentor UKCC Level 1 Teacher of Aquatics / Assistant Swimming Teachers
Ability to demonstrate enthusiasm, to inspire confidence and motivate participants
Excellent communication skills
Enthusiastic and innovative
Outgoing and confident
Ability to listen and adapt and react quickly and positively
Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team