Sales and Membership Advisor (FSLT00031)Favourite
|Closes:||Sunday, 16th July 2017|
|Published:||Friday, 23rd June 2017|
|Location:||Head Office, Music Institute, East Port|
|Salary:||£16,838 - £18,959 per year Pro Rata|
|Hours:||18.00 hours per week|
|Position Type:||Part Time|
|Organisation:||Fife Sports and Leisure Trust|
|Category:||Sport / Culture / Library|
CONTRACT DURATION: TEMPORARY FOR UP TO 1 YEAR
INTERVIEW DATE: MONDAY 31ST JULY 2017
Reporting to the Sales and Membership Manager, you will be responsible for promoting the company’s Leisure Active Membership Scheme, services and products, generating leads and sales to achieve monthly targets.
4 Standard Grades (Grade level 3) or equivalent including English and Mathematics
Full UK Drivers Licence and own transport
This post is subject to a disclosure check which will be undertaken by Disclosure Scotland.
- To undertake promotional activities that will generate new enquiries
- To develop new business through targeted groups, corporate clients and business users.
- To promote and sell Fife Sports and Leisure Trust Services by delivering presentations; internal and external promotions; consultation with business users and responding to customer enquiries
- To conduct needs analysis that will assist in the identification of the most suitable product for the customers and convert these opportunities into sales.
- To develop and follow up sales leads and enquiries and, on a planned basis, undertake sales visits to potential clients. Contribute to the production of proposals and quotations for clients as required.
- To welcome and provide perspective members with a tour of Fife Sports and Leisure Trust facilities, close sales and build relationships.
- To assist in production of weekly reports on sales progress, usage patterns and financial transactions
- To keep abreast of activities that takes place within sports and leisure facilities.
- To contribute to all aspects of the application process.
- Participate in the company’s Contribution Management programme and to undertake learning and development opportunities as appropriate.
- Experience in sales/customer service or promotions industry
- Experience with working in an intense target led environment
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and e-mail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Be creative and innovative and make suggestions and recommendations relating to the membership scheme
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to build rapport quickly with prospective clients
- Understand the benefits of physical activity and the recommended daily/weekly levels prescribed
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Highly motivated
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Evidence of generating effective team work
- Able to influence and persuade
- Personally driven to create success for self and team
- Ability to deal appropriately with a wide range of clients i.e. business and individuals
- Ability to adapt
- Ability to provide regular and effective service