- Levenmouth Swimming Pool and Sports Centre Promenade, KY8 4PA
- £23,633 - £25,829 per year dependent on experience
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
CONTRACT TYPE: Temporary to 31st March 2025
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 11th February 2024
INTERVIEW DATE: Tuesday 13th February 2024
To advise customers on the safe and correct use of exercise equipment and to recommend safe and effective personal programmes as required.
To motivate and encourage customers to achieve their goals and to deliver maintain a high level of customer service.
Please note that the shift patterns attached are indicative only.
The role of the gym instructor at Fife Sports and Leisure Trust demands a commitment to a predetermined shift pattern consisting of dayshifts, backshifts and weekend work. This structured shift pattern is crucial to ensuring consistent coverage of the gym floor during peak times and maintaining the high standards of service that we strive to deliver. Some roles may attract extra non-core payments due to non-standard shift patterns. These details can be discussed at interview.
Level 2 Gym Instructors or equivalent
First Aid at Work
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to obtain Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme membership through Disclosure Scotland and become a member of the relevant PVG scheme.
Inducting customers to ensure safe and appropriate use of the gym equipment
Carrying out fitness assessments and prescribing health and fitness programmes as required
Promoting and offering information on Fife Sports & Leisure Trust Leisure Active membership scheme
Promoting and participating in initiatives to improve membership sales
Actively promoting and selling products and services
Delivering the highest standard of customer service
Achieving performance targets
Delivering group exercise classes, for example group cycle, circuits and if appropriately qualified Body Training Systems classes
Ensuring security of the Company’s property
Ensuring a safe and secure environment for employees, contractors and visitors
Carrying out general tasks including routine maintenance and cleaning duties
Undertaking other tasks that may be required from time to time to ensure the efficient operation of the facility
Demonstrating and promoting commitment to the company’s values and objectives
Attend training and development sessions, on occasion out-with your normal hours of work to ensure your Health and Safety competence and where applicable your continuous professional development.
- Substantial or previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to be diplomatic and skilled in dealing with customers and colleagues
- Honesty and reliability
- Excellent organisational skills.
- An understanding of confidentiality issues and the use of discretion.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal.
- Positive attitude
- Relate well to Customers and staff
- Ability to adapt
- Ability to provide regular and effective service.
- Commitment to undertake continuous personal development as required by both FSLT and any appropriate professional body