- Location: Beacon Leisure Centre, KY3 9BS
- Salary: £15,336.00 - £18,302.00 per year
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
INTERVIEW DATE: Tuesday 22nd October 2019
To supervise Leisure Centre users including adults, youths, children and groups, to ensure safe use of facilities and equipment and to ensure cleanliness of the building.
Fife Sports and Leisure Trust has agreed to incorporate the Scottish Local Government Living Wage. As a result, you will be paid at least the Scottish Local Government Living Wage (£9.07 per hour) as defined by COSLA for all the hours you work. If the hourly rate of pay for the post is less than the Scottish Local Government Living Wage Rate a supplement will be paid.
Current RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to obtain Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme membership through Disclosure Scotland and become a member of the relevant PVG scheme.
- To undertake a range of duties in wet, dry and other areas which will include the cleanliness of all designated internal and external areas, control of facilities, issuing and safeguarding clothing and other personal belongings in the changing facility, assembling and dismantling facilities equipment, including sports and exhibition displays
- To oversee the general safety and behaviour of the public and users and to direct their activities to prevent injury or misuse and damage to facilities
- To adhere to current operating procedures for the facility, including the facilities Normal Operation Procedures and Emergency Action Plan, the company’s Safety policy and the Health and Safety principles contained therein
- To attend regular Health & Safety training to maintain the required Health & Safety competency required for this post
- To give trained assistance to Leisure Centre users in difficulty, including the use of appropriate appliances (trained assistance includes poolside and lifesaving skills)
- To patrol the building in order to carry out routine maintenance and building security
- To supervise children’s activities, including birthday parties and Activity Camps
- To carryout pool tests and assist in plant room operations as appropriate
- To attend regular training to maintain the required competency and fitness standards
- Where required, to undertake basic administration functions including taking bookings, receiving cash through the computerised booking system, receiving customers, telephone calls and receiving goods
- To undertake other duties as required by centre management
- Demonstrate a knowledge of customer care requirements
- Conscientious and hard working
- Communications Skills
- Outgoing personality
- Working in a team environment
- Ability to carry out the duties of the post effectively