- Duloch Leisure Centre, Nightingale Place
- £23,483.00 - £26,768.00 per year dependent on experience
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
Assist with and co-ordinate new and current initiatives relating to physical activity that will enable Fife Sports and Leisure Trust to meet their responsibilities in delivering the specification services as agreed by Fife Council and deliver the Single Outcome agreement for Fife.
Contribute to the development of partnerships to deliver against the identified outcomes of Fife Sports and Leisure Trust’s corporate strategy by liaising with key partners including Fife Council, NHS Fife and the voluntary sector.
Assist co-ordinating the health programmes and contribute to the delivery of health programmes. Ensure that suitable activities are effectively integrated across the whole of the company to achieve corporate and participation targets.
Level 3 Exercise Referral
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to obtain Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme membership through Disclosure Scotland and become a PVG member of the relevant PVG scheme.
A full UK Driving Licence is required for this post.
- The job predominantly involves working indoors and will require commuting between different leisure centres in Fife therefore; an ability to travel throughout Fife would be essential
- To fulfil their duties the jobholder should possess good keyboarding skills.
The post holder should able to design and demonstrate an exercise session that meets the needs of the client
- The jobholder will be required to deliver exercise sessions
- The jobholder will be required to prepare session plans for the health classes
- The jobholder will use mental skills to offer the clients advice and try to resolve barriers to exercise
- On a day to day basis, the post holder is typically required to lead exercise sessions and assist co-ordinating the health programme. This allows them to complete activities such as processing referral forms, delivering exercise sessions and engaging with health professionals
- An example of the type of information provided is shown below:
Who: Job holder, What: Physical Activity, How: Group Exercise, Why: Adopt a positive lifestyle change
- The jobholder will meet clients who have been referred by NHS Fife health professionals for exercise
- The jobholder will have a responsibility for instructing and providing physical activity advice and guidance for clients referred to the programme. This may also include some supervisory responsibilities of instructors delivering the programme
- The jobholder will be required to evaluate and monitor the progress of clients and report to Fife Sports & Leisure Trust Health & Physical Activity Manager. They will also be required to give progress reports to the NHS Fife and Macmillan Charity
- The jobholder will have an indirect involvement for finance. They will be required to monitor instructor expenditure and if applicable client income within Fife Sports & Leisure Trust
- The jobholder will be required to compile a database using information from the private and confidential referrals received from NHS Fife. Records of any session plans(coaching)/programs and specialist services e.g. exercise referral records are maintained as per the Data Protection Act guidelines.
- The jobholder will work with Active Options, MoveMore Fife and NICE guidelines and established FSLT procedures and policy guidelines.
- The jobholder will be required to use their initiative to organise their workload and decide when how their workload is to be carried out.
- The jobholder will be expected to deal independently with predictable or routine problems covered by recognised policy, procedures or practice.
- The jobholder will be line managed by the Wellbeing & Programme Manager who will offer advice and guidance on unusual or difficult problems
- The jobholder should possess:
• Exercise Referral SVQ Level 3
• Gym or Exercise To Music Level 2 Qualification
• Winning By Losing Training – weight management
• Considerable knowledge and experience in:
Delivery of one to one or group exercise sessions
Health behaviour change
- Experience of partner relationships with a variety of organisations and agencies at different levels
- Have a knowledge and experience of developing an exercise referral programme
- Proven ability to operate within a culture change environment offering wider range of services and resources
- Experience of initiating, developing and evaluating projects
- Experience of developing a programme which suits the needs of referred clients, in conjunction with the “Active Options” guidelines
- Relevant Professional Qualification – Exercise Referral Level 3 or equivalent
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills to enable them to forge meaningful partnerships with other agencies
- Ability to plan strategies to co-ordinate “Active Options” to meet Fife wide and local priorities
- Ability to focus on tasks to deliver an effective service by meeting agreed targets and deadlines
- Understanding of local and national guidelines re physical activity
- Computer literacy
- Excellent organisation skills and time management
- Sound theoretical knowledge of exercise delivery of individual/group participation
- Teach a range of skills to people of all ages and abilities
- Required to work in a team environment
- Self motivated
- Written and verbal communication for dealing with public and staff enquiries
- High level of literacy and report writing
- Able to deal with a wide range of development issues requiring a high degree of tact and diplomacy within Fife Council and NHS Fife
- Able to provide a regular and effective service
- To keep one's self physically fit to ensure that the class/course content can be delivered in the appropriate way and demonstrations of required core skills can be undertaken to ensure participants have a full understanding of the activity.