- Location: Carnegie Leisure Centre, Pilmuir Street, KY12 0QE
- Salary: £18,302.00 - £20,573.00 per year pro rata
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 25 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
CONTRACT: TEMPORARY UNTIL 31ST MARCH 2020
INTERVIEW DATE: WEDNESDAY 11TH DECEMBER 2019
To advise customers on the safe and correct use of exercise equipment and to recommend safe and effective personal programmes as required. To motivate and encourage customers to achieve their goals and to deliver maintain a high level of customer service.
Level 2 Gym Instructors or equivalent
First Aid at Work
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to obtain Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme membership through Disclosure Scotland and become a member of the relevant PVG scheme.
Inducting customers to ensure safe and appropriate use of the gym equipment
Carrying out fitness assessments and prescribing health and fitness programmes as required
Promoting and offering information on Fife Sports & Leisure Trust Leisure Active membership scheme
Promoting and participating in initiatives to improve membership sales
Actively promoting and selling products and services
Delivering the highest standard of customer service
Achieving performance targets
Delivering group exercise classes, for example group cycle, circuits and if appropriately qualified Body Training Systems classes
Ensuring security of the Company’s property
Ensuring a safe and secure environment for employees, contractors and visitors
Carrying out general tasks including routine maintenance and cleaning duties
Undertaking other tasks that may be required from time to time to ensure the efficient operation of the facility
Demonstrating and promoting commitment to the company’s values and objectives
Attend training and development sessions, on occasion out-with your normal hours of work to ensure your Health and Safety competence and where applicable your continuous professional development.
- Substantial or previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to be diplomatic and skilled in dealing with customers and colleagues
- Honesty and reliability
- Excellent organisational skills.
- An understanding of confidentiality issues and the use of discretion.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal.
- Positive attitude
- Relate well to Customers and staff
- Ability to adapt
- Ability to provide regular and effective service.
- Commitment to undertake continuous personal development as required by both FSLT and any appropriate professional body