- 67A Logie Green Road, EH7 4HF
- £10,971 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 16 hours per week
This position has expired.
Four Square Scotland is an Edinburgh charity working for more than 40 years to prevent homelessness and promote inclusion. We provide services directly to people who are homeless, or who are at risk of homelessness to overcome any barriers they may face in creating a stable life for themselves in their community. At the core of Four Square are the values on which the organisation is based. These are equally applied to the people we support, our colleagues and our partners and are: Integrity; Excellence; Dignity; Support.
Alongside our support services we have social enterprises, which provide independent income for our charity as well as volunteering and training opportunities for those who use our services.
An exciting role has become available for a female Weekend Practitioner to join one of our accommodation projects.
The role of Practitioner in our women's services is vital to help us achieve our aim of ensuring everyone has a home, a place in their community and a network of positive relationships that support them to build the life they want.
Practitioners recognise people’s strengths and work alongside them to build their confidence, self-efficacy, resilience, and motivation and help them feel safe and to heal from trauma they have experienced. Practitioners also support people to develop practical skills, maximise their income, develop healthier coping skills, problem solving skills, social skills, and employability skills that will assist them in creating the life they want.
This role will be within one of our women's accommodation services and will require shift working.
To be a Practitioner within Four Square you will need:
- To be proactive, highly organised, a problem solver, have a positive outlook, be approachable, friendly, patient, confident;
- Experience of working within a safeguarding framework working with vulnerable people who may have complex support needs;
- Proficiency using a range of IT tools to carry out your work, including using case management systems, Microsoft Office applications, the Internet and email;
- Strong personal and professional values that align with our organisational values of integrity, excellence, dignity, and support;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with people who use our services, colleagues, and partners;
- Good understanding of gender-based violence, homelessness, trauma, and adversity and how it impacts life outcomes;
- An understanding of benefits, housing processes and legislation;
- Membership of regulatory bodies required of the role and application of the codes and standards to their practice;
- A commitment to your learning and development and putting knowledge and skills into practice;
- Commitment to working in partnership with other organisations and professionals to support people;
- Honest, trustworthy, and respectful to colleagues, people they support, partners, commissioners, and all other stakeholders;
- Keep up to date with and follow and apply policies and procedures, standards, and codes of practice;
- Be creative in your approach to supporting people;
- Have a good standard of English and math's and able to produce clear written communications in the form of log books, case notes and diary entries.
***Due to the nature and context of the work, there is an occupational requirement for all members of our staff within this service to be women.***
Closing date for this post is Wednesday 22nd December 2021 at 5pm.
If you think this may be the role for you, full job description and application form available via this advert. You can also request forms from email@example.com or download these from our website at www.foursquare.org.uk.