- 96 Clermiston Road, EH12 6UT
- £52,740 - £57,831 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
- Work From Home:
The application page will open in a new window.
The Senior Education Officer will be part of the Senior Education Team in GTC Scotland leading on the key national initiative of improving race diversity in the teacher profession.
GTC Scotland, in collaboration with the Scottish Government, is seeking to appoint a National Race Diversity Lead, focusing on the improved ethnic diversity of the teaching workforce.
Working closely with stakeholders through the Diversity in the Teaching Profession and Education Workforce Sub-Group and the Race Equality and Anti-Racism in Education Stakeholder Network Group, the post holder will ensure that the recommendations from the Diversity in the Teaching Profession Working Group and subsequent actions identified, are acted upon.
Particular focus is required in four main areas to bring about effective leadership at all levels:
- supporting regional improvement collaboratives and local authorities to make progress in increasing diversity in the teaching profession drawing from, and building upon, existing networks in order to facilitate sustainable collaboration and connection
- leading action at a national and strategic level to increase race diversity in the teaching profession
- developing and championing sponsorship approaches for black and minority ethic teachers including an emphasis on how these can support career progression
- providing advice to universities offering Initial Teacher Education to help progress actions that will increase the number of black and minority ethnic applications, entrants and qualifiers.
Within the Senior Education Team the postholder will also have responsibility for developing and enhancing specific aspects to support the professional learning for all teachers.
The Director of Education, Registration & Professional Learning has overall strategic oversight for the Senior Education Team.