- Location: Trongate 103, Glasgow, G1 5HD
- Salary: £23,130.76
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Full Time & Part Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Glasgow International is Scotland’s largest festival for contemporary art, taking place over three weeks every two years across the city of Glasgow. Renowned as a centre for contemporary art, the festival draws on the city’s strengths as a vibrant and distinctive centre of artistic production and display. Combining the characteristics of a visual arts biennial with an open submission model for artists and curators based in the city, GI is a truly unique event in the European cultural calendar.
As Assistant Curator with Glasgow International you will be an integral member of Glasgow International’s programming team, working closely with the Curator and Director of the festival to develop projects that are part of Glasgow International 2020 Director’s Programme.
To be successful in this role you have the following skills and experience:
• Degree in arts related subject
• Demonstrable professional experience working in a comparable role
• Demonstrable interest in developing curatorial projects
• General knowledge of the visual arts sector in Scotland
• A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Able to multi-task, work calmly under pressure and meet tight deadlines consistently
• Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills
• Ability to think creatively, independently and problem solve
• Excellent communications skills
• Diplomacy, tact and discretion
• IT literacy: Word, Excel and Outlook; experience of using databases
This is a temporary post up until June 2020.
Following the success of Glasgow European Championships in 2018, Glasgow Life will welcome a host of world class events in the coming years including; LEN European Short Course Swimming Championships 2019, World Men’s Curling Championship 2020 and UEFA Euro 2020. This is in addition to the wealth of events on offer throughout the year, with the annual programme including the World Pipe Band Championships, Glasgow Mela, HSBC Let’s Ride and the Merchant City Festival amongst many others.
We offer a range of employee benefits such as an opportunity to join the Strathclyde Pension Fund, generous holiday entitlement, annual leave purchase scheme, childcare vouchers, staff discounts (including Glasgow Club), flexible retirement, family friendly policies, flu vaccination programme and career break policy…just to name a few!
At Glasgow Life we value diversity and inclusion. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from BAME groups who are currently under-represented in our organisation.
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054.
Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request.
Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.
For further information about working for us please refer to our website https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/work-with-us