- iHub, Quarrywood Court, Livingston, EH54 6AX (The post may require travel throughout Scotland longer term).Currently all employees are working from home due to Covid-19 and it is anticipated longer term that the role will involve a blended model of office, EH54 6AX
- £56,901.00 - £61,082.00 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 18 hours per week
The application page will open in a new window.
The Improvement Service (IS) is the ‘go to’ organisation for Local Government improvement in Scotland. Established in 2005, our purpose is to work collaboratively to help councils and their partners to improve the health, quality of life and opportunities of all people in Scotland through community leadership, strong local governance and the delivery of high quality, efficient local services. We do this by providing a range of transformational change and improvement support, data and intelligence services and digital public services.
The Programme Manager will work with the Chief Executive to assume the lead corporate control role within the company with authority over all other senior managers in terms of financial control and associated accountability. They will lead and manage all aspects of the IS company finances and support an annual budget of over £8M.
The purpose of this role will be to:
- Provide the IS Board, IS Audit Committee, Chief Executive and Senior Leadership Team with a range of financial and operational performance information, company policy and professional advice to ensure the successful management of the company.
- Ensure the overall IS governance framework is adhered to and operates effectively to facilitate the smooth running of the business, whilst continuing to evolve to reflect good practice.
- Develop, implement and monitor effective corporate policy, procedure and practice in a way that adds value, achieves company objectives and supports the company’s position.
- Support the delivery of the company’s Business Development and Growth Strategy.
An exciting opportunity has arisen with the Improvement Service in the role of Finance and Governance Programme Manager. This is a part time temporary position for 12 months with the possibility of extension.
We are looking to recruit a dynamic and proactive individual who will direct this corporate control role within the IS. The Programme Manager will work to the Chief Executive and lead the delivery of a range of financial management services to ensure the IS effectively manages its financial resources, including operational accountability for financial control, operations, planning and analysis. The post holder will support the Senior Leadership Team with the development and delivery of the IS financial strategy.
Location: iHub, Quarrywood Court, Livingston, EH54 6AX (The post may require travel throughout Scotland longer term). Currently all employees are working from home due to Covid-19 and it is anticipated longer term that the role will involve a blended model of office and home working.
Duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension. This position would be suitable as a secondment opportunity.
Hours: Part time hours - 18 hours per week. Hours can be worked flexibly in agreement with the Line Manager.
Interviews will take place using Microsoft Teams on 17th February 2021.
If you would like an informal discussion about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in applying for this job, please visit the Improvement Service website for details on how to apply and full job description.