- Goudie Street, Paisley, PA3 2LG
- £9.90 per hour (Scottish Living Wage)
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 16 hours per week
This position has expired.
Who are we?
Kibble is Scotland’s specialist provider of services for at risk children and young people. By providing a range of integrated services, we help build positive futures for children and young people aged 5 plus, with complex social, emotional and educational needs.
To undertake, individually or as part of a team, the cleaning of designated areas within units and services run by the Centre to ensure that they are kept in a clean and hygienic condition, this will include toilet and shower areas. On occasion, the postholder will be required to work within a kitchen environment.
About our services
Kibble supports vulnerable and at-risk children and young people (aged 5-19yrs) across a range of campus and community-based services. Many of the young people we care for have experienced significant trauma in their lives and Kibble offers dedicated care and support to help them move forward and achieve the best outcomes possible. These services include residential, secure services (Safe Centre) and community support, as well as dedicated education and wellbeing services. Kibble is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to behave in such a way that supports this commitment.
- Cleaning, washing, sweeping and vacuum cleaning of designated areas (which will include toilet and shower areas), using powered equipment as appropriate
- Emptying of litter bins
- Polishing and dusting of designated areas and associated fixtures and fittings
- Cleaning kitchen and dining areas, washing up and some basic food preparation as required
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene and health and safety within the Domestic Assistant’s designated area.
- Other duties as required by the Domestic Services Supervisor.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Previous cleaning experience within a similar environment is desirable.
- Clean and tidy appearance.
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- This job outline reflects the main tasks and responsibilities discharged by the post holder at the present time, however, Kibble reserves the right to alter or amend the content of this job outline to reflect changes to the job or services provided, while maintaining the overall character and level of responsibility for the post.
- Notwithstanding any information or statement described within this job outline, all duties must be carried out in a way that promotes equality of opportunity, dignity and respect for all individuals and which is consistent with Kibble’s stated policy on equal opportunities.
- The successful candidate will be subject to PVG Scheme Membership. Having previous convictions will not automatically disbar you from working at Kibble (with the exception of offences against children or other vulnerable groups) and every case is taken on an individual basis.
- Appointments will be subject to a twelve-month probationary period.
To apply: Please visit our online recruitment site - www.jobtrain.co.uk/Kibble