- Goudie Street, PA3 2LG
- £21,361 - £26,761 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
- Work From Home:
The application page will open in a new window.
Pension, holidays (up to 8 weeks per year) and employee benefits including cash4health, employee assistance programme, free parking, free meals, gym membership plus access to onsite physio.
Who are we?
Kibble is a specialist provider of services for at risk children and young people across the UK. Many of the young people the charity cares for have experienced significant trauma in their lives and we provide a safe, stable environment that is both nurturing and therapeutic. With a robust support network and wide range of integrated services, we offer young people opportunities and encourage them to believe in themselves, feel a sense of belonging, and realise their own self-worth.
What is the Job Function?
Providing generalist support to Senior HR team members and ensuring that all administrative tasks linked to the HR function are up to date on a day to day basis, this also includes supporting with ad hoc projects and initiatives.
- To respond to employees and line managers questions in relation to contracts of employment or policy enquiries.
- To carry out tasks relating to the recruitment and selection process, including placing advertisements for internal and external vacancies, arranging interviews and related tests, providing suitable arrangements for applicants with special needs as appropriate.
- To deal with all routine correspondence to applicants, including preparation and distribution of job information and advising outcomes to successful and unsuccessful job applicants.
- To conduct screening interviews and participate in panel interviews as required.
- To carry out all tasks relating to pre-employment checks, requesting of references, PVG/Disclosure Scotland Checks, pre-employment health questionnaires, right to work, verifying qualifications and professional memberships.
- To assist in the arrangements for introducing new staff into the company, including participating in staff induction and arranging pre-employment training.
- To prepare of letters of appointment, contracts of employment and variations to contracts of employment.
- To liaise with the Payroll and the Learning and Development, to ensure smooth onboarding/offboarding of employees.
- To record, monitor and report staff absences and resumptions, providing statistics and reports as required. To log and follow up fit notes and return to work interviews.
- To prepare paperwork for maximising attendance meetings and any follow up correspondence required.
- To support investigation, discipline and grievance meetings.
- To maintain and update computerised and manual payroll and HR information systems and ensuring accurate recording of employment, personal, staffing establishment, and payroll information.
- Ad hoc project work, supporting HR Officer and Senior HR Officer.
- To maintain an awareness of health and safety at work and to operate a safe working environment for self and others.
- To undertake any other reasonable task as required by the HR Manager or other senior member of staff.
What qualification and experience are we looking for?
- Ideally qualified to HNC Level in an appropriate discipline, such as human resources or business administration;
- Previous experience of working within an HR setting;
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage priorities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment;
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Packages;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Initiative with good attention to detail;
- Resilient and positive attitude to change and ambiguity;
- Tact, discretion and an understanding of the importance of confidentiality in the work of the HR Office.
- This job outline reflects the main tasks and responsibilities discharged by the post holder at the present time, however, Kibble reserves the right to alter or amend the content of this job outline to reflect changes to the job or services provided, while maintaining the overall character and level of responsibility for the post.
- Notwithstanding any information or statement described within this job outline, all duties must be carried out in a way that promotes equality of opportunity, dignity and respect for all individuals and which is consistent with Kibble’s stated policy on equal opportunities.
- The successful candidate will be subject to PVG Scheme Membership. Having previous convictions will not automatically disbar you from working at Kibble (with the exception of offences against children or other vulnerable groups) and every case is taken on an individual basis.
- Appointments will be subject to a twelve-month probationary period.
To apply: Please visit our online recruitment site - www.jobtrain.co.uk/Kibble
Closing Date for Applications: 15 July 2022
Interview Date: TBC