- Goudie Street, PA3 2LG
- £27601 - £32343 per annum (Pt 27 to Pt 32 depending on qualifications and experience)
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Work From Home:
The application page will open in a new window.
Who are we?
Kibble is a specialist provider of services for at risk children and young people across the UK. Many of the young people the charity cares for have experienced significant trauma in their lives and we provide a safe, stable environment that is both nurturing and therapeutic. With a robust support network and wide range of integrated services, we offer young people opportunities and encourage them to believe in themselves, feel a sense of belonging, and realise their own self-worth.
What is the Job Function?
Kibble is currently looking to recruit experienced HR professionals to join their existing team. This multi-skilled role requires a broad knowledge of HR to help support the line managers and employees on using company policies and understanding and ensuring these are applied. You will provide technical advice to managers on disciplinary, absence and grievance cases, drawing on a solid and up to date understanding of current legislation.
- Develop good working relationships with line managers, supporting them to secure better attendance, behaviour, capability and efficiency from employees thereby contributing to organisational effectiveness.
- Leading management of casework including sickness absence, investigation, grievance and discipline, preparing correspondence and giving support and advice to managers.
- Review and update job descriptions, advising managers on recruitment and selection strategies, identifying resourcing gaps and assisting with and developing recruitment campaigns.
- Participation in panel interviews, arranging and providing feedback to both successful and unsuccessful candidates, coordinating the appointment process for successful applicants.
- Managing staff relationships, responding to any queries or problems that they have and managing their expectations
- Providing support and guidance to the HR Assistants.
- Preparing, checking and authorising appropriate contractual documents regarding terminations, appointments and ad hoc employment variations.
- Using HR information systems to access, input and compile data
- Participation in the review and development of HR policies ensuring these are in line with employment legislation. Participation and contribution to working groups, ad hoc project work and initiatives.
- To maintain an awareness of health and safety at work and to operate a safe working environment for self and others.
- To undertake any other reasonable task as required by the HR Manager or other senior member of staff.
What qualification and experience are we looking for?
- Recognised HR qualification at SCQF level 9 or above
- Minimum of 2 year’s previous experience in a similar role
- A strong understanding of UK employment law is essential for this role
- Ability to work with a degree of autonomy and manage a number of HR tasks, prioritising effectively within a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Good judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to work in a professional and diligent manner with minimum supervision
- First class communication skills, including the ability to network and develop relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Resilient and positive attitude to change and ambiguity
- Tact, discretion and an understanding of the importance of confidentiality in the work of the HR Office.
- This job outline reflects the main tasks and responsibilities discharged by the post holder at the present time, however, Kibble reserves the right to alter or amend the content of this job outline to reflect changes to the job or services provided, while maintaining the overall character and level of responsibility for the post.
- Notwithstanding any information or statement described within this job outline, all duties must be carried out in a way that promotes equality of opportunity, dignity and respect for all individuals and which is consistent with Kibble’s stated policy on equal opportunities.
- The successful candidate will be subject to PVG Scheme Membership. Having previous convictions will not automatically disbar you from working at Kibble (with the exception of offences against children or other vulnerable groups) and every case is taken on an individual basis.
- Appointments will be subject to a twelve-month probationary period.