- Location: Goudie Street, PA3 2LG
- Salary: £32,034.00 - £40,206.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Post: Teacher of Mathematics
Responsible To: Head of Education via Depute Head
Staff Responsibility: None
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Salary: £32,034 – £40,206 (EIS Main Grade Scale SCP 1-5)
Who are we?
Kibble is a specialist child and youth care charity and a leading social enterprise. For over 160 years we’ve been supporting children and young people (aged 5 – 26), many of whom have experienced significant trauma or adversity. Through our integrated services and dedicated support, providing a safe and stable environment, Kibble helps young people who have complex social, emotional, behavioural and educational needs move forward to lead healthy and fulfilled lives.
Primary and secondary education is provided to children and young people who may struggle to stay engaged with learning. Our education programme delivers the broad outcomes of Curriculum for Excellence, taught in a highly supportive learning environment.
Kibble are looking to recruit an experienced Teacher of Mathematics. Successful candidates will be registered or eligible for registration with the GTC (Scotland) and keen to gain experience of working with young people with additional support needs, many of whom have extreme social, emotional and behavioral difficulties.
What is the Job Function?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join the Mathematics department of our Independent School, based in Paisley.
The duties of a teacher working for Kibble Education and Care Centre are defined in Annex B of the national agreement “A teaching profession for the 21st Century” and the Standard for Full Registration.
The successful candidate will be a flexible, forward thinking professional who uses initiative and is dedicated to inspiring the children and young people in our care, ensuring the highest quality of learning and teaching experiences.
You will therefore bring the skills and enthusiasm to develop innovative and creative ways of engaging young people in formal and informal learning. Appointment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory PVG Disclosure check and references. All appointments will be subject to a twelve-month probationary period
We would welcome applications from Practitioners with knowledge of Curriculum for Excellence to engage and enthuse often reluctant learners.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate should –
- be registered or eligible for registration with the GTC (Scotland)
- have a recognised teaching qualification specific to Maths.
- demonstrate a clear commitment to continuing professional development. For example, by studying towards a qualification in or relating to additional support needs.
- have excellent communication skills.
- motivate, encourage and support others.
- make effective use of time, personnel and resources.
- show aptitude for decision making and acting on initiative.
What do we offer?
Access to the Teacher Superannuation Fund, and employee benefits including cash4health, employee assistance programme, free parking, free meals, gym membership, plus access to onsite physio.
- The successful candidate will be required to become a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme (PVG Scheme). Having previous convictions will not automatically disbar you from working at Kibble (with the exception of offences against children or other vulnerable groups) and every case is taken on an individual basis.
- This job outline reflects the main tasks and responsibilities discharged by the post holder at the present time, however, Kibble reserves the right to alter or amend the content of this job outline to reflect changes to the job or services provided, while maintaining the overall character and level of responsibility for the post.
- Notwithstanding any information or statement described within this job outline, all duties must be carried out in a way that promotes equality of opportunity, dignity and respect for all individuals and which is consistent with Kibble’s stated policy on equal opportunities.
- Prior to commencing in post, you will be required to undertake Safe Crisis Management (SCM) training. The successful candidate must be able to participate fully in this training and be prepared to put this training into practice.
- Appointments will be subject to a twelve-month probationary period.
Closing Date: Tuesday 4 February 2020 at 4pm.
For an application pack or more information please contact the HR Office on 0141 889 0044 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.