- Location: 17a South Gyle Crescent, EH12 9FL
- Salary: £21,796 - £27,233 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35.75 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Who we are
- Lothian Valuation Joint Board is an independent public authority that was established by The Valuation Joint Boards (Scotland) Order 1995.
What we do
- Provide a professional valuation and electoral registration service for East Lothian, the City of Edinburgh, Midlothian and West Lothian Councils in respect of compilation and maintenance of the Valuation Roll, Valuation (Council Tax) List and Registers of Electors.
- To provide high quality, effective and responsive services to all of our stakeholders. In support of our services Lothian Valuation Joint Board operates a 120 client LAN comprising of primarily Windows 7 clients in a VMWare SAN based Windows Server environment.
- We are looking to recruit a highly motivated driven individual who has a passion for IT, problem solving and strong in-depth knowledge across a range of IT infrastructural technologies.
- The successful applicant will be exposed to a range of different technologies form in-house bespoke applications to more familiar products like, VMware, SAN, Microsoft Win 7/10, Server 2008/2012 and Veeam backup solutions.
- It is expected that you will be able to work within a small team as well as on your own using your initiative and knowledge to support 1st and 2nd line support calls that come in to the helpdesk.
- You should show a willingness to learn and develop and be pro-active in identifying suitable courses as Lothian Valuation Joint Board are fully committed to advancing the skillset of the employee for career progression.
If you wish to discuss the post further, please contact Steve Wicek, ICT Support Manager on 0131 344 2522.
Interviews will be held during the week commencing 11 March 2019. Application forms, job descriptions and additional information are available at www.lothian-vjb.gov.uk. Completed application forms should be returned to the Human Resources Manager, Lothian Valuation Joint Board, and 17A South Gyle Crescent, Edinburgh, EH12 9FL or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12.00 noon on Friday 1 March 2019. Please note CV’s will not be accepted.
Note ~ Successful candidates will be required to provide a Basic Disclosure Check Certificate.
“Committed to Equal Opportunities”