- Sutherland House, 149 St Vincent Street, Third Floor, G2 5NW
- £26,095 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
- Work From Home:
This position has expired.
The Design Co-ordinator plays a key role in SFHA’s success by maintaining and developing a consistent and modern brand with a social conscious.
As a membership organisation the Scottish Federation of Housing Associations must be seen as a leader in the Scottish housing sector and well respected by a wider network of partners and stakeholders. A key component of our representation is to ensure the visual identity of our organisation is always reproduced at the highest standard across all platforms including online, digital, social media channels, print and events.
The role will have responsibility for co-ordinating all design outputs and projects ensuring they are delivered to a high standard, on time and efficiently. The role will involve supporting and collaborating with each team and individuals across the business to effectively achieve priorities linked to the SFHA Strategy 2021–24: Shaping our futures together.
Working closely with the Digital and Design Manager, the Design Co-ordinator will be a pivotal role in helping to influence, shape and deliver our key business priorities both internally and externally. There will be great opportunities take ownership of our brand as well as to learn new skills, gain experience and knowledge related to design, as well as understand wider business context and the housing sector.
Brand and design co-ordination
- Co-ordinate, implement and manage the SFHA brand across online, digital and printed platforms
- Promote and police the corporate brand in all the SFHA communication channels
- Collaborate, co-ordinate the production of marketing communications internally and externally
- Liaise with and provide guidance and assistance for brand usage and implementation to staff and externally to members, partners and suppliers
- Prioritise and maintain the design projects and manage workload schedule on a weekly and monthly basis
- Co-ordinate with print, promotional and other suppliers. Prepare, produce and sign off on approval of any artwork
- Identify out-sourcing options when required if workload exceeds capacity.
Website and digital support
- Update and maintain the website content ensuring all information added is to a high standard
- Assist with creation of new and exciting design and content to add value to the products we offer online
- Ensure all daily news and e-newsletters are formatted correctly and any images are sourced
- Assist in the upkeep and implementation of advertising throughout the website
- Provide support to Digital and Design Manager in the development, maintenance and issue resolution of website and CMS. Help find solutions to any issues staff have with CMS functions.
- Support the Events Team in developing and delivering a calendar of conferences and events through the production of the required marketing materials across multiple platforms
- Contribute and help realise ideas on how to advertise and promote events to our members
- Provide branded design materials that will be used at conference and events.
Marketing, Communications and Social Media support
- To co-ordinate and produce design of SFHA marketing materials and communications internally and externally
- Maintain and produce designed templates and images for Mailchimp
- Provide support to staff on setting up Mailchimp campaigns
- Provide design assistance on a variety of daily, weekly and monthly marketing email campaigns primarily using Mailchimp
- Support design for social media
- Liaise with and provide final artwork to our various suppliers to produce materials and promotional items.
- Design and produce Housing Scotland and Spotlight magazine
- Design and produce Annual Directory.
Sales and advertising
- Support Business Development officer in producing design elements of advertising and marketing communications for associates
- Support in delivering literature and marketing collateral in relation to membership benefits and services i.e. email, flyers, promotional materials
- Support the Digital and Design Manager with the provision and co-ordination of the It and Digital Forum for SFHA members. Researching and developing a knowledge of what digital challenges are currently active in the housing sector.
- Responsible for being a point of contact for the design services team, face to face, email and telephone
- Good upkeep of all design files and to maintain back-up of all work onto SharePoint Design hub
- Establish and maintain all design templates on SharePoint sites.
- Ability to use Office 365 applications to required levels
- General Administration duties as required
- Offer innovative ways of supporting the achievement of the business objectives of the SFHA
- Undertake any other duties considered reasonable within the scope and purpose of the post as may be instructed by the Digital Lead and Head of Departments.
- 2 years minimum experience working in design industry i.e. junior design role
- Minimum of HND in Graphic Design/Visual Design
- Proficient understanding of Adobe CC Indesign
- Good working knowledge of Illustrator & Photoshop
- Experience at taking brief from start to finish
- Understanding of email marketing software specifically Mailchimp
- Understanding of Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Excellent command of English language including spelling and grammar
- Excellent Organisational and time management skills
- Highly effective inter-personal skills
- Competent in the use of MS Office / Office 365
- Ability to use initiative and follow direction, working in a team and trusted to work independently.
- Experience of motion graphics design
- Human centred design
- Experience of workshop facilitation
- Understanding of fundamental marketing principles
- Understanding and insight of Social media
- Understanding of housing associations
- Proven client driven design output
- Understanding of Customer Relationship Management software (CRM)
Closing date 20 December 2021 at 12 noon.
Interviews to be held Tuesday 11 January 2022.
Please send a CV and Covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org