- Scottish Prison Service Headquarters, Calton House, EH129HW
- £45,332-£54,168 dependent on qualifications, skills and experience
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Work From Home:
This position has expired.
Exciting opportunities have arisen within the Strategy and Improvement Division at the Scottish Prison Service as we recruit for two senior roles – Head of Data and Analysis and Head of Strategic Planning. These are new, challenging and rewarding roles, working with staff at all levels across the prison estate and headquarters to take forward development work central to SPS’s future success.
Both roles will work collaboratively together to develop and deliver the SPS Improvement Framework, helping the SPS to meet its obligations as an effective prison service, as an Executive Agency of the Scottish Government, and as a public body.
Whilst the Strategy and Improvement Division are based in Edinburgh Headquarters, this role is open to hybrid working, meaning we won't specify how many days must be worked in the office, but rather based on business needs, expectations and a degree of personal choice. We care about how you work rather than where you work and we'd welcome a conversation with the successful candidate on what hybrid working may look like for you.
Head of Data and Analysis – will be responsible for designing and delivering Management Information systems, dashboards and strategic assessments in support of continuous service improvement. Leading a small team and reporting to the SPS ‘Head of Improvement’ (Senior Responsible Owner – SRO for Data and MI), the post holder will assess how SPS currently extracts, analyses and visualises data and help refine and develop new approaches to ensure SPS continues to provide valuable insights to support evidence based decision-making. Engaging with the Digital Team, the post holder will help shape SPS’s new case management platform, working with all directorates to develop metrics and high-quality datasets. As Head of Data and Analysis, you will bring people and systems together in support of business intelligence, to support the SPS in putting the people who live and work in Scotland’s prisons at the heart of the design, delivery and improvement of services.
- Hold a degree or have transferrable leadership experience with an understanding of data and analysis in support of business improvement.
- Experience of working as a senior manager within an improvement role/function.
- Experience of managing individuals and teams in order to meet organisational objectives.
- Ability to solve problems, make sound decisions, organise complex workloads and communicate to build effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to critically analyse complex information derived from both quantitative and qualitative sources to develop high quality reports.
- Experience of leading on the design, development and implementation of new recording metrics, organisational KPI’s and performance management frameworks.
- A passion for driving improvement strategies.
If your skills are transferable and you meet most (but not necessarily all) of the criteria we are looking for, we would love to hear from you!
For further information on the role of Head of Strategic Planning, please click here Head of Strategic Planning - Scottish Prison Service (tal.net). Should your skillset be suited to that as well, we are happy to welcome applications for both roles.
Please note, this is a permanent opportunity but consideration could be given to a secondment opportunity. Advance approval is required from candidate’s current employer.
Benefits on offer include (but are not limited to):
- Attractive Pension (Civil Service)
- Support towards candidates attaining Industry Recognised Qualifications
- Specialist Training
- Annual Leave - 37 days rising to 42 days
- Employee Savings scheme, including Cycle to Work
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Sick Pay
For further information in regards to the role, why not speak to SPS Head of Improvement Rebecca Murray - Rebecca.Murray@sps.pnn.gov.uk. To access the full job description and person specification, and to apply for this vacancy please visit the Scottish Prison Service website: www.sps.gov.uk. We are committed to your personal and professional development and offer a wide range of career progression opportunities.