Bid Solutions ManagerFavourite
|Closes:||Wednesday, 21st February 2018|
|Published:||Thursday, 8th February 2018|
|Location:||Glasgow City Centre|
|Salary:||£33,721 - £38,928 per year|
|Hours:||35.00 hours per week|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Organisation:||Scottish Qualifications Authority|
|Category:||Sales / Marketing / PR|
|Sub-category:||Sales / Business Development|
The Scottish Qualifications Authority is Scotland’s national awarding and accreditation body. We are trusted to oversee thousands of qualifications that are available in schools, colleges and workplaces, not just in this country, but around the world.
We are looking for a Bid Solutions Manager to work within the Business Development Directorate in our Opportunity Appraisal & Bid Management team to continue to pursue a business model that would enable SQA to reduce its dependency on the public purse, and invest in and improve the Education and Skills system.
The successful candidate will be required to project manage Bid Solution Build (for new Contract Opportunities) and Implementation (for secured contracts), including the planning of associated activities and coordination of virtual teams comprising of a range of both internal and external stakeholders. In order to do this you must be able to demonstrate experience in the following specific duties:
- Planning and coordinating activity involved in the development of solutions in relation to service and product offering to respond to new contract opportunities.
- Leading on the development of service and technical specifications and requirements, and production of solution development plans, detailed process maps, project plans, and contributing to project costing.
- Leading on mobilisation activities required upon contract award, and where appropriate, implementation, ensuring a smooth handover to the contract delivery team.
- Ensuring up to date knowledge and understanding of current and future products and services relevant to the sector in which SQA operates.
Additionally you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Building and maintaining relationships with potential partners, stakeholder groups and clients.
- Contributing to continuous improvement activity.
- Provide advice and information to potential and new customers.
Applicants, as a minimum, should be educated to SCQF Level 9 (e.g. SVQ4/Degree) and/or be able to demonstrate direct relevant experience for this role.
If you think you’ve got the skills, knowledge and experience required to succeed in this exciting opportunity, visit www.sqa.org.uk/recruitment for more information and complete an application form.
SQA welcomes applications from every section of the community. SQA have a Gaelic Language Plan and are committed to its purpose.
Tha Plana Gàidhlig aig SQA agus tha sinn a' creidsinn gu h-àrachdach agus na h-amasan a tha air cur a-mach sa Phlana Nàiseanta don Ghàidhlig.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and encourage applications from all members of the community. We are committed to the Disability Confident Initiative and offer a guaranteed interview to any applicant who considers themself to be disabled and who meets the competency requirements for the post.