- Flexible, DD1 4NY
- £25,320 - £26,877 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
- Work From Home:
The application page will open in a new window.
£25,320 - £26,877
35 hours per week
Temporary for 2 years
Our office is based in Dundee however working location is flexible
About the role
A vacancy has arisen within our System Development team within our Digital Services department for a Systems Development Assistant.
You will support the Systems Development Manager and System Development Officers by contributing to the on-going support, maintenance and development of the SSSC’s line of business operational systems (D365, MatterSphere, MySSSC, Website and I&I data systems).
You should have a good understanding of the objectives of the SSSC and the line of business applications.
You will contribute to the investigation and resolution of problems and deliver in-house customisations. The role will also be involved in answering queries and identifying data input errors and contribute to the extraction of data for analysis and operational use across the organisation.
You will be expected to make recommendations for system efficiencies and improvements and identify opportunities where technology can improve the way we work. They are also expected to participate in design workshops, requirement gathering and drafting specifications, change control test and fix cycles. They would also be expected to deliver training or produce help or guidance materials.
You will be expected to deal with a range of stakeholders and would therefore be expected to be able to communicate well including the ability to translate technical requirements into a way that can be understood by the audience. They are expected to deliver excellent customer service.
Who we are
We are the independent regulator for social service workers in Scotland. Our work means the people of Scotland can count on social work, social care and early years services being provided by a trusted, skilled and confident workforce.
We protect the public by registering social work, social care and early years workers, setting standards for their practice, conduct, training and education and by supporting their professional development. Where people fall below the standards of practice and conduct, we can investigate and take action.
What you need to succeed
We are looking for a candidate who can assist in the management of the key operational systems Dynamics 365, MatterSphere, MySSSC, corporate website and data intelligence systems. This includes:
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service and support to all internal and external users
- Ability to help plan the future proofing of our systems by identifying potential improvements and plan for developments to best support the organisation as it evolves
- Experience of systems administration and customising system code
- Ability to use business intelligence to improve the services we offer to our customers, both internal and external
- Ability to maintain knowledge of Registration, Learning and Development, Performance and Improvement, Communications, Legal and Corporate Governance, Finance, Fitness to Practice and Hearings departments to maintain and improve our key systems to meet the business needs
- Providing day to day support for system users and take responsibility for resolving issues
- Assisting in the management of the change control process, development, robust testing and coordinating implementation
- maintaining the integrity and cleanliness of the system information
- building effective working relationships
- Assist in the accurate extraction of management information from the key operational systems and contributing to the preparation of reports for internal/external publication
Why work for us
We are an ambitious, enthusiastic and supportive organisation. With around 300 employees, you can really make an impact here. We offer a generous salary, flexible working arrangements, a full range of benefits, local government pension scheme and up to 43 days holiday (dependent on service). Please note new entrants will normally start on the minimum of the pay range.
Our office is in Dundee but this role is home based at the moment as we develop our agile working policy. We encourage remote working and support a less office-based format. We are happy to discuss individual arrangements and consider agile working as an option, depending on job requirements (such as being in the office for training events and meetings etc) and meeting the eligibility criteria determined by the new policy.
How to apply
You’ll find more information in the job profile and person specification.
To apply, please complete the online application form by 8.00am on Monday 4 July 2022. We expect to hold interviews during week commencing 11 July 2022.