- Standards Commission for Scotland, T2.21, Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh, EH99 1SP
- £28,003.00 - £36,718.00 per month full time (37 hours). the part time salary will be adjusted accordingly.
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 25 hours per week
The application page will open in a new window.
The Office Manager provides financial, business and administrative support to the Standards Commission and the Executive Director to help ensure the effective management of the organisation and efficient use of its resources in pursuit of its strategic and operational aims.
The Office Manager is responsible for:
- supporting governance, through providing secretariat services to the Commission and its Committees, as well as external engagement through supporting Hearings and training events
- managing information and data processing arrangements in accordance with legislative requirements.
- responding to freedom of information requests
- reconciling and reporting on expenditure against budget; processing invoices for the payment of goods and services; and
- managing the organisation’s payroll and pension processing arrangements.
The Office Manager also leads on procurement and contract work with external suppliers and on any service agreements to ensure best value and the smooth and efficient running of the office.
· Leading on the Standards Commission’s internal and external audit work, including managing relationships with auditors and providing evidence to demonstrate compliance with the government financial reporting manual and any internal policies and procedures.
· Assisting the Executive Director in policy, governance and strategy related work, including helping to prepare the Strategic Plan, Annual Business Plan, Business Risk Register and Annual Report.
· Supporting the Executive Director by delivering secretariat services to the Members of the Commission including drafting reports, preparing papers and minute-taking.
· Arranging meetings and events including Standards Commission meetings, Audit and Risk Committee meetings, Human Resources Committee meetings and external meetings, events and workshops. Maintaining and distributing a schedule of meetings and events.
· Managing service level agreements / contracts with the payroll processing and pension provider to ensure salaries are paid on time and pension contributions are processed, and reported on, in accordance with scheme rules.
· Maintaining, and ensuring compliance with, the Standards Commission’s policies and procedures including ones in respect of:
o Data Protection;
o Records management;
o Freedom of Information; and
· Managing the Standards Commission’s record keeping and data processing and disposal, in accordance with data protection legislation.
· Preparing responses to freedom of information enquiries and subject access requests.
· Monitoring compliance with, reviewing and updating the Standards Commission’s Records Management Plan.
· Ensuring the Standards Commission meets its statutory requirements in terms of the provision and publication of information.
· Processing invoices for the payment of goods and services. Reconciling transactions against management information reports.
· Monitoring the Standards Commission’s expenditure against budget and reporting on this to the Accountable Officer and Standards Commission. Liaising with the Scottish Parliament’s Officeholders’ Liaison and Finance Offices to ensure information is exchanged and provided in a timely manner.
· Assisting with the preparation of the Standards Commission’s annual budget submission and annual accounts.
· Preparing the payroll and ensuring that salaries, pensions and expense claims for Standards Commission Members and staff are processed in accordance with the terms and conditions of employment, statutory requirements and internal policies.
· Leading on all procurement and contract work with external suppliers and on any service agreements to ensure best value.
· Responding to enquiries about the ethical standards framework and role and remit of the Standards Commission.
· Assisting in the preparation, publication and dissemination of educational material (including Standards Updates and guidance and advice on the Codes of Conduct), and on Hearings and adjudication decisions.
· Supporting the Executive Director and Members in the efficient management of Hearings, training events, workshops and roadshows.
· Contributing to the maintenance and content of the Standards Commission’s website and its social media platforms.
· Undertaking any additional duties as required.